PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara OK Snake Hunt

tar
04-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I think we are heading up that way again for Snake Hunt. It is on April 22 let me know who else will be there.

OKLAHOMAEXRIDER
04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
I will be there the night of the 19th and staying through the 23rd.

tar
04-04-2006, 01:35 PM
what will you be riding/driving?

OKLAHOMAEXRIDER
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
We will be in a 2004 chevy 2500 crew cab pick up with a 24ft toy hauler. There will be a black yfz, white yfz, blue raptor 700, 2 white and red 660 raptors and a yellow 400ex. We are staying in the north campground. What about all of you guy that are going?

jread14
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
We will also have a crew going... Not sure exactly how many but I would guess around 6-10 of us...

tar
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
We will probably have 2 goose necks and maybe a bumper trailer and if it's the same group we went with last time there will be about 15 of us.A couple 400ex's z's I am not going to type it all but we will be in the South campground. I hope the weather is nice last time it rained on us

tar
04-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Who else is going I know there are more people than this going.

OKLAHOMAEXRIDER and jread14 have you been to snake hunt before?

mrnate400ex
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
i'll be there. going down tuesday night to hopefully find a place to put my tent. i don't know what it is going to be like since the road to the north camp is going to be closed. last year that thing was packed clear to the highway!!!!!

OKLAHOMAEXRIDER
04-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Ive been twice but this year I am bringing a few newbies with me.

jread14
04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
This will be my first time, but a couple of the guys that are going with me have been there a couple of times.

I am with you on the weather thing.... That will piss me off if we drive from Dallas and it rains all weekend.

We have some guys going up this upcoming week and are going to strap down some $20 tents to save us camp sites.

We should end up with a pretty good pack. I will have my '06 black and tan F250 pulling a 32' fifth wheel camper and a budy of mine will be in a '05 silver jacked up F250 with a 25' enclosed trailer. You should see my 250r , a couple fo 450 r's, a predator, and some other quads... I guess we will see how many show up...

Where is the best place to camp during this snakehunt weekend?

tar
04-07-2006, 03:06 PM
There is a North and South campground and I bet both of them will be packed full. I think the South campground is a little bigger + thats where the Little Sahara powersports stores are.

DaleJrFan
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
jread14, where at in Dallas are you from? I go down there all the time and I am looking for some new places to ride.

jread14
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Dalejrfan... I am from Decatur which is about 24 miles west of Denton. It is the home of Oak Hill MX Park. I say Dallas because everyone knows where that is... These days the only riding I get to do is take my 4 year old son so we mainly go trail riding. The places we usually go is Bulcher which is outside of Muenster (Cool Place), Rocky Ridge which is between Gainesville and Decatur, and Lake Murray which is kind of a drag but great for the kids with unreal camping facilities in the atv area... Where do you usually ride at? JR

jread14
04-07-2006, 07:17 PM
tar... Thanks for the info.. I guess we will try and get over to the south camp ground. If you see the trucks and the Carri Lite 32' fifth wheel then that is us... JR

tar
04-07-2006, 08:32 PM
DaleJrFan are you going to be able to make it for snake hunt?

DaleJrFan
04-08-2006, 09:15 PM
jread, I go down to Murray a couple of times a year for the same reason, my 7 yr old daughter loves it. I usually ride a Little Sahara or the Canadian River up here in Purcell. In the past year though I have been trying out alot of MX tracks but I am starting to realize that my body isnt 18 anymore, my knees are pushing their upper 50's the way I feel. My go down to my in-laws alot and ride, they have a little track out side of Waxahachie. I have been to Greenville and rode but I am going to go with my brother to the High-lifer nationals in Jacksonville this year and watch him get stuck.

Tar, I cant make it this year, gotta tee-ball tournament in Edmond that weekend.

tar
04-10-2006, 02:34 PM
I just found out that we will be up there for good friday 4/14/06 + snake hunt I will make sure to get pics and some good videos. Every make sure to do the same. Any body else getting excited already? Phil (Phil's Cycle) said he will have a good surprise for every one :devil:

jread14
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
tar... There is no way to tell you how excited I am... My wife thinks I am silly because I am acting like a big kid with this whole dune trip. I guess some of the excitement is that I have never been and have always wanted to go. My next trip will hopefully be the long haul out to Glamis... :D

Dalejrfan, I cant do the track thing anymore. I am only 30 but my body and my pocketbook cant hold up to me racing on a track. My friend has a small track, and it seems that I break something on my quad everyother time I am out there. I can just imagine if I were out on a real track. Let me know when you go out to Murray and maybe we can meet up.

jread14
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone else going out for Snake Hunt?

tar
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Tomorrow we are leaving at 6 30 A.M. and we will stay untill it gets dark. It ought to be fun. Is it crowded at all over Easter weekend?

mrnate400ex
04-16-2006, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE]Tomorrow we are leaving at 6 30 A.M. and we will stay untill it gets dark. It ought to be fun. Is it crowded at all over Easter weekend?

So was it busy?? I am heading down Tuesday night after work to make sure I get a spot(I hope). All I need is a place to put my tent, and I'm good to go. I'll be there by myself until Thursday. Anybody wanna hook up and ride?? I hate riding the dunes by myself because you never know what could happen!!!

kazpr
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I should be down there with a few friends also. They got us 3 spots saved last week and was told almost all of them were taken already no electric @ all left :(

tar
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
So was it busy?? I am heading down Tuesday night after work to make sure I get a spot(I hope). All I need is a place to put my tent, and I'm good to go. I'll be there by myself until Thursday. Anybody wanna hook up and ride?? I hate riding the dunes by myself because you never know what could happen!!!

It wasn't just packed full but there weren't many parking spaces left (in the south campground). The little dunes were peaked but the big dunes weren't hardly at all. The sand was smooth that morning then torwards the end of the day it got rough(the wind quit blowing and more people got there). One thing you really need to bring is sunscreen I usually don't ever get burn't but man my shoulders are just now starting to fell normal.

tar
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
It looks like it will be pretty nice this weekend 80 degrees sure beats 100 degrees but there is supposed to be 15-25 wind hopefully the dunes aren't peaked too bad if they are.

Titanium
04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
i'll be headin up there tomorrow afternoon after i get off work. hope there's a place to part:ermm: :scary:

tar
04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
i'll be headin up there tomorrow afternoon after i get off work. hope there's a place to part

We are just going to park in town and ride our four wheelers out to the dunes on the atv trail