PDA

View Full Version : 04/05r's vs 06r

ExVillin400
04-03-2006, 01:45 PM
hey guys i need to know about these 2 different models. i know about all the changes that honda has made from the 04 05 to the 06. i need to know, were the changes a night and day difference.

is one faster then the other?
can the suspension on the 06 be sofend to a comferable ride?
does it really have starting issues with the new electric start?
is it really a tipsy quad???

im asking this because 2 months ago i bought a brand new 06 raptor, other then the great proformance out of the engine, THIS QUAD SUCKS! i am really disapionted with my investment. ive had yamahas before and ive had hondas before, hands downs ive like every honda over every yamaha i had.

please help me out...

CHEVYZ
04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I have both of them.... the 05 and 06. The difference is really night and day to me. The bike is pretty much entirely different with the exception of a few things like rims, tires, handlebars, etc. The 06 is hands down much faster. My piped and cammed 05 can easily get taken by an 06 with just a pipe and a decent rider. The suspention is a little stiff, but I don't find it to be much of a problem at all... the 05 is much softer and can be more comfortable depending on how big you are, though. I haven't had any problems with the E-start so far... I think that is all from people who are not taking the time to do things properly... it tells you in the manual! Also, as far as a tipsy quad, it is a little tall, but not bad. I feel quite comfortable on it personally... I never feel unstable.

Jonas
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll be glad to try and help, but you should start looking at old posts and you will get alot of different opinions on all of the subjects you are inquiring about. Try that first, and then let us know. All these subjects have been discussed extensively here.