PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pedal

chiaml
04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Anyone have any idea why my brake pedal won't rise back up?
I just changed my rear pads and tried to bleed my brakes, but i think i have a seal on the rear caliper that is blown. The brake pedal is very hard to even manually rise with my hand. The spring is still attached to it and the frame and there is fluid in the resevoir. Any ideas?

tim colston
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I recently had the same thing happen on my 400. I had to take off the pedal clean and regrease. Worked like a charm.

JOEX
04-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
I recently had the same thing happen on my 400. I had to take off the pedal clean and regrease. Worked like a charm.
Yep, same here..... fried a brand new set of pads in about 10 minutes because of that.

I had a heck of a time getting the pedal off:scary:

chiaml
04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
That was it! I took it apart, cleaned and sanded everything, greased it up and it's better than new. Thanks for your help!

fwm416ex
04-22-2006, 06:46 PM
You could add a grease fitting to the pedal mount then it is easy to maintain,also the swingarm pivot bolt area.Works real sweet!

JOEX
04-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by fwm416ex
You could add a grease fitting to the pedal mount then it is easy to maintain,also the swingarm pivot bolt area.Works real sweet!
Nice, I like your set up:cool: I had thought about doing that but not in that location.

I haven't seen the swingarm zerk fitting set up like that either. Assuming there's one on the other side too? Is this better than using the hollow bolt as a path to the friction points?