PDA

View Full Version : LTR trail riding review

bradley300
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
well, i got to ride a new, bone stock LT-R this weekend out on the trails and i got to say i was impressed. i rode my new pred most of the day (just with a Pure Polaris exhaust) my pred is 47.5 inches wide, and i think the lt-r is 49? anyway, i could tell a difference in width, but it was barely enuff to slow me down. i high centered 1 time on the xc practice track, but i had also high centerd on the same spot with my pred. the only difference, was the pred had big enough tires i could wiggle out, i had to pick up the lt-r. which is my next question, how much is that thing supposed to weigh? its lighter than my pred, but theres no way its close to 350 lbs. obviously, the shocks arent made for xc, but they did alright, a little stiff, but i think it could have even smoothed out with adjusting the compression. it really sticks to the ground like glue, and you can tell the weight is all pretty low in the frame. brakes worked really well, and the quad steered very well also, and the stock tires did great on the trails as far as sliding, and foward traction goes. we didnt get a chance to drag race, but it seems like its not faster or slower than my pred. it did have more low end than i expected, i could lug it pretty easy. if course it not a z400, but you can lug it a gear low and not have to worry about much unless your near a complete stop. my biggest compaint was that i rode my pred all day and felt great, and 1 lap on the ltr and my hands hurt from pulling the levers, my back hurt and i was just beat. i'm sure some of it was the shocks, but i couldnt beleive how un comfortable it felt compared to my pred. i liked it tho, the kid that owned it is 15, and he didnt seem to have much of a probelm staying with me, jess hamner or lil-braff, and he had never seen these trails before. i was real impressed with how little it bottomed out, comnsidering it had stock tires. in the end,i like my pred better, but the ltr is better than i thought it would be
keep in mind, this is fairly un biased. i am used to my blaster, and this was the first time i ever rode a pred or a ltr, so i wasnt real used to either machine