PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Pricing?

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 05:42 PM
I have a question. If cannondales are selling as well as everyone says then why are the dealers lowing the prices so much? The suggested price on a cannibal is $6995 but i have seen them for less than $5500 brand new. maybe they are not selling as well as they say.

Tommy 17
07-29-2002, 06:03 PM
smokin did u ever think that mayb they are sellin so many that they can sell that at low prices and make more... like at cernics they get a shipment of bikes they dont' order 2 or 5 they order around 50+ then sell then at extremly low prices and make a killin... i walked in the door one day and they had around 30 xr50s sittin in the one corner of the building for 750$ i still regret not buyin it...

Guy400
07-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish
I have a question. If cannondales are selling as well as everyone says then why are the dealers lowing the prices so much? The suggested price on a cannibal is $6995 but i have seen them for less than $5500 brand new. maybe they are not selling as well as they say. Show me brand new '03 Cannibals for $5500 and I'll buy 3. I've seen the refurb units for that price but they're virtually gone.

A prime example is the 400EX, there's no question they sell well. But with an MSRP of $5600 they're being advertised brand new for $4900 around me. It's got nothing to do with slow sales, it's intended to lure customers away from other businesses.

freakystone
07-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Guy,

I have to tell you, I know of three C Dale dealers offering dirt cheap prices. My business is two building down from the local C Dale dealer and he was quoting $5600 on a Cannibal to me last Friday. These are new, late model machines that he just got in a couple months ago. He quoted my brother $5200 a few weeks ago. I know another dealer that quoted $5100.

I heard it is because they need to move a certain number a year. I dont think the local dealer has sold many, just a couple Speeds is all. I am going to offer him $5800 OTD (tax, title, prep, etc.) and. By the time I change the mapping, add Axis shocks and a Tag bar, I'll have a red Speed with Cannibal stickers and better shocks.

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by GuyLT250R
Show me brand new '03 Cannibals for $5500 and I'll buy 3. I've seen the refurb units for that price but they're virtually gone.

A prime example is the 400EX, there's no question they sell well. But with an MSRP of $5600 they're being advertised brand new for $4900 around me. It's got nothing to do with slow sales, it's intended to lure customers away from other businesses.

according to what i hear at the connection 400ex sales are beginning to hurt do to the z400. that would be the reason for the drop in 400ex prices. the raptor is what started lowering the prices of the 400ex. due to the z400 you can get a 400ex for $3200 or less used now, before that was not very likely.

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 07:18 PM
here is one for 2002 models. i saw it on a while ago before the 2003s were out.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/9/2/27305392.htm

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 07:53 PM
the predator is $5999 so cannondale better lower the prices!

Sandgod4
07-29-2002, 09:11 PM
The Dale is lighter, will handle better and will probably beat the Predator in every category. Yeah you're right, they better lower the prices for them...:square
Freakystone, my mods are going on as we speak....

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
The Dale is lighter, will handle better and will probably beat the Predator in every category.

where were you able to test ride a predator? i heard they were going along the coast.

i mean a lot of people who want a fast quad buy a cannondale because it is the only really fast one(the raptor is too tippy and the ds is too wide, i hear the predator is wide but not as wide as the ds650). the predator may be as fast or faster and is less money. the cdale will beat it by far in mx, but it may hurt sales for cannondale.

lil400exman
08-01-2002, 06:20 AM
and if it is as relible has a honda even close they sale could sky rocket cause that is a minus bout a c-dale is the reliabilty factor

86atc250r
08-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Who rattled Catfish's cage?

Are you old enough to legally ride anything larger than a TRX90 yet?

Low prices on CD's - check the fine print. I've seen LTZ's advertised for $3900 - guess what, you can't get out the door with one at that price.

We were recently in the market for another Cannondale. We looked all around for a couple weeks, made several phone calls, and if someone could get one out the door for less than $6000, we couldn't find them. We ended up buying a moto from a guy that's good buddies with Cannondale's race team manager.

Why don't you get your daddy to buy you a Predator Catfish - you can brag it up here, tell us about how it's the "fastest quad ever" then when Polaris' notorious reliability sets in you can whine and moan to no end about it for us.

Wow, does that sound familiar or what.

Guy400
08-01-2002, 08:57 AM
Gabe, so how do you like the Moto in terms of it being an out-of-the-box racer?

86atc250r
08-01-2002, 09:30 AM
This one's kinda a strange deal. Started life as a Speed.

We're still missing quite a few of the Moto parts, but it does have the 19" shocks, long travel front end, graydon nerfs, and axle. Has a "team Cannondale" map (I'll be checking more into that later), but the round Speed silencer (they're supposed to be sending us the moto pipe soon, as well as the rest of the missing parts)...

It's stronger than my Cannibal, even with the crappy pipe. We've just rode it around the property a little for one evening with the stock Moto setup before changing it to flat track. It felt good, but I definitely didn't get enough time on it for a in depth analysis.

We used the 16" shocks from a Speed to lower the front and put a ZPS spring set on the rear. We also added a set of Hoosier tires. Last weekend my stepdad dominated his class on basically his first ride on the thing.

If I were going to do it, I'd probably start with a lower level quad like a Speed or Cannibal and modify it myself. But if someone wanted a good, competitive quad out of the box they only had to do a little customization to, the Moto would be a good choice.

I guess a good exercise would be to write down all the custom stuff you get on the moto (that you'd want), how much it would cost (figuring in your time unless you really enjoy installing exhausts, axles, arms, etc), and figure out what's the best route to go.

09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Dealers get factory incentives for moving them....

MxDale71
09-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Another reason you'll see super low prices on some quads (not only C-dales, but LOTS of other quads too) is so that they'll drag you in and then they try to throw a bunch of extra charges on you.