450rrider69
04-03-2006, 08:06 AM
is there any way u can post it cause i cant get it. thanks

4trax250x81
04-03-2006, 08:11 AM
I cant get it either.:(

STEVENJANNA
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
04/02/06) Yonkers - An Orange County man is in critical condition after being shot Saturday by a park ranger inside a New Jersey state park.

Friends and family have identified the man as 43-year-old Emil Mann of Monroe. Officials say the incident happened inside Ringwood State Park in Mahwah, New Jersey. They say a scuffle took place between three conservation officers and a group riding ATV’s illegally in the park. One of the officers fired two shots, both hitting Mann.

Mann works for the Ramapo Parks Department in Rockland. A family member told News 12 Westchester Mann underwent surgery Saturday night and Sunday. He is in critical condition in the ICU at Hackensack Medical Center.

04-03-2006, 08:54 AM
wow...all to save a tree

antman
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
thats pretty screwed up... why do those guys need guns anyways... they work in a park for gods sake.

04-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by antman
thats pretty screwed up... why do those guys need guns anyways... they work in a park for gods sake. lions and tigers and bears

JOEX
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I'd like to hear the WHOLE story.......:ermm:

FMF450R
04-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Cops try to unravel Ramapo shooting
Tribal chief claims racism in melee with park police
Monday, April 03, 2006
BY LISA VERNON-SPARKS AND SULEMAN DIN
Star-Ledger Staff
Authorities released few details in their investigation of a Saturday shooting at the Ramapo Valley Reservation in Bergen County after a melee broke out between Native Americans riding all-terrain vehicles and New Jersey State Park Police officers.
Emil Mann, 43, from Monroe, N.Y., was shot twice in the leg, state environment authorities said, after the officers confronted the riders. ATVs are prohibited in the Mahwah park.
Mann remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition at Hackensack University Medical Center, officials said. Family members at the hospital declined comment.
The state park officer who shot Mann has been placed on paid leave, said Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Lisa Jackson. Two other officers were hurt in the melee, officials said.
Yesterday, investigators said they were unsure what happened.
"It has been a difficult process so far, as many local residents and eyewitnesses have been reluctant to come forward and offer information as to what occurred between several State Park Rangers and local residents," read a statement from the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office. Investigators are asking witnesses to come forward.
Friends of Mann among the tight-knit Ramapo Pough-Lenapi community living nearby the reservation said the group was in the woods enjoying their tradition of camping and riding off-road vehicles in the mountainous region.
"We were just riding for some fun, no one was bothering anybody," said Bud Moore, 44. "They get together every weekend just to get out onto the mountain and have a good time."
Ramapo Pough-Lenapi tribal Chief Anthony Van Dunk claimed the shooting was racially motivated.
"A ranger shot one of our own people, and we had no weapons," Van Dunk said. "It's basically racism against our tribe. The authorities will have to clarify."
Moore said Mann was part of a group of 12 riders and the fight took place after some from the group had drove off on their ATVs.
Mann was left behind, and tried to stop the fight, said a Mahwah resident who identified himself only as "Big Blue" Van Dunk. "His hands were spread wide, trying to calm everyone down, then the rangers shot him."
A late afternoon meeting yesterday at the tribal office on Stag Hill Road was closed to the media but members of the Ramapo said they discussed the shooting.
Emil Mann Jr., 16, the oldest of the shooting victim's three children, said his father is a peaceful man. "All he tried to do is break things up and he got shot," the son said.
Jackson would not release any information about the incident yesterday, including the name of the public employee who fired the shots. Jackson said only he was a park police officer.
"I've been instructed by the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office that they are in charge of the investigation of this matter," Jackson said. "The prosecutor has asked me not to release the information."
Two other state officers were injured in the fracas, officials said. Lt. Kelly Gottheiner was treated for a head injury after being bumped by an ATV's handlebar. An unidentified male officer was also treated after being bitten by an ATV rider, authorities said.
Friends described Mann, who works for the Ramapo Roads Department, as non-violent.
"He's the nicest guy you ever want to meet," said Dexter Richardson, 35, a childhood friend.
The tribe are descendants of Dutch settlers, freed slaves and Native Americans who lived in isolation since the 1700s atop a rocky enclave of the Ramapo Mountains called Stag Hill. New Jersey recognizes them as Native Americans, though the Bureau of Indian Affairs turned down their bid for federal tribal status twice.
In recent years, tensions have arisen between the tribe and newcomers to the area, as developments and luxury homes have encroached upon lands.

DanTheMan
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
thats fuged up :mad:

ak_stick
04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Hmm, too bad the rangers were not better shots.

I just cant see getting upset over some dumbass getting shot for being where he wasn't supposed to be and arguing with the law.

and the point is.

If your in a place your not supposed to be, and the park rangers come and tell you to leave, just leave.

Honda400exrox
04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ak_stick
Hmm, too bad the rangers were not better shots.

I just cant see getting upset over some dumbass getting shot for being where he wasn't supposed to be and arguing with the law.

and the point is.

If your in a place your not supposed to be, and the park rangers come and tell you to leave, just leave.

Agreed, the attack was racially motivated my ***** it was just a dumb bunch of indians breaking the law.

jb500ex
04-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Agreed, the attack was racially motivated my ***** it was just a dumb bunch of indians breaking the law.
they claim to be indians but they are not, they are a group of inbred people.

ak_stick
04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Harsh? Hardly, they picked a fight with three law enforcement officers and now they're mad that one of thier idiot friends got shot. Hell one of the officers got bit, that makes a pretty strong argument for thier side doesnt it?

I never said I follow 100% of ever law, but I damn sure know when I can and can't bend the rules. And if I'm wrong, and I know it, I'm damn sure not gonna pick a fight with the officers that come out to send me on my way.

1fst400
04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
"An unidentified male officer was also treated after being bitten by an ATV rider."

lmao.

ny300exrider
04-03-2006, 02:27 PM
this is going to give a great example of riders to the nj public. like we already dont have enough bad media

STEVENJANNA
04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Since we don't have anywhere to ride legally to begin with WTF can they take away from us. There is no legal riding in NJ and we've gotten bad press for years so what's new. It's not going to hurt and it's not going to help either. Jersey has got to be the most unfriendly state in the U.S.. When I was younger we would ride on private property and get chased all the time. I have been shot at on occasion by hunters (who were tresspassing by the way also but it's OK because they were cops). The point is that this story doesn't really have anything to do with ATV's other than the fact that they were on the scene. This has been a long brewing battle for years. If the MAN catches you your caught don't give him any flack. Like the old saying goes "Don't bring an ATV to a gun fight".

FMF450R
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
they claim to be indians but they are not, they are a group of inbred people.

agreed!!

JDiablo
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
When I got into my accident on Saturday they brought me to Hackensack hospital,and that guy was getting pulled out of a ambulance.

FMF450R
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
beers, atv's, open fires = ALL ILLEGAL

U ACT UP, U GET JACK'D UP. :D :D :D

wilkin250r
04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Sounds like he was the unlucky ******* that had to pay for his friend's actions.

Me, personally, I'd like to know the real story of what he was doing. Sure, his buddies report that he is "the nicest guy you ever want to meet", and "His hands were spread wide, trying to calm everyone down, then the rangers shot him."

I say this can only be one of two things. Either he WASN'T just trying to calm everybody down, or this was one hell of a brawl.

I don't know of any officer, park ranger or otherwise, that will draw his weapon and fire blindly into a crowd. They are pretty well-trained when it comes to firing their weapons. The only reason I can fathom that an officer would hit a person that is trying to calm the situation is if the officer was under extreme duress. Like maybe they're throwing sticks and rocks, and the officer doesn't have time to properly aim. At that point, those rocks are deadly weapons, a hit to the head can be lethal.

Either this was more than just a "scuffle", or Mr. Mann was doing more than just trying to calm people down.

MOFO
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
Since we don't have anywhere to ride legally to begin with WTF can they take away from us. There is no legal riding in NJ and we've gotten bad press for years so what's new. It's not going to hurt and it's not going to help either. Jersey has got to be the most unfriendly state in the U.S.. When I was younger we would ride on private property and get chased all the time. I have been shot at on occasion by hunters (who were tresspassing by the way also but it's OK because they were cops). The point is that this story doesn't really have anything to do with ATV's other than the fact that they were on the scene. This has been a long brewing battle for years. If the MAN catches you your caught don't give him any flack. Like the old saying goes "Don't bring an ATV to a gun fight".

Just because you have no where legal to ride, does not make it legal to ride where you are NOT supposed to! Find some private land... if you cant, you shouldnt own a quad.

Just because I have a gun and like to shoot, but yet have no close legal ranges near by does NOT give me the right to just open fire in my back yard!

Besides, actions like this is probably why there are no public "legal" areas in NJ. With press like this, it does nothing but hurt your cause.

zeppelin
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I don't know of any officer, park ranger or otherwise, that will draw his weapon and fire blindly into a crowd.
The rangers for the Kisatchie National Forest down here are pretty wild. I have been charged at with a tree branch for pulling to the side of a trail to wait for the rest of my group and let other riders pass by me (we have narrow trails.)

Ralph
04-03-2006, 04:17 PM
That happend in my town!!!

I actualy know the kid whos dad they shot and there is alot of mystery in this right now but the area where it happend is very bad.

Word is that if this guy ends up dying that there is going to be a blood bath. I know someone who went up there to check it out and the residents up there are driving around in pick ups and are armed.

I know a guy who was on call at for the ambulance and word is the whole mountain is on shut down the cops are holding it down with ak's. or atleast it was like that yesterday. I didnt read the article but rumor was that the people beat the crap out of two cops and then the third one shot out of self defense...

Ralph
04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah, and i don't blame the cop one bit. I have to deal with the kids from that place everyday and some of them are pretty bad.

All i know is that if this guy dies the people who live up there are gonna try to have some revenge. I don't think its an exaggeration one bit either.

Its actualy on the news right now!

they arent "tribe members" either, just very angry people. Ive never ever heard them called tribe members. I dont think the ranger was wrong at all. News12 just said cops claimed the guys took a baton from a ranger and started hitting the cops and the ranger shot out of self defense.

Im gonna call a friend and see if they wanna go up there and take some pics real quick

MR.BIG
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
If that is actually the case then the ranger did the right thing. I didn't know one of the officers got bit either. Freakin monkeys!

jb500ex
04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
yes these people are known as the jackson white's, they are all inbreed low life's . The odds are they got what they deserved

STEVENJANNA
04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Boy "MOFO" it sure seems like you took what I said a little "TOOOOOOO" personel. The point I was trying to make is that this story has very little to do with atv's. Don't throw stones if you know what I mean.

Ralph
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Just because you have no where legal to ride, does not make it legal to ride where you are NOT supposed to! Find some private land... if you cant, you shouldnt own a quad.

Just because I have a gun and like to shoot, but yet have no close legal ranges near by does NOT give me the right to just open fire in my back yard!

Besides, actions like this is probably why there are no public "legal" areas in NJ. With press like this, it does nothing but hurt your cause.

lol. that place iws a bad place. usualy ignored by the cops but they have been cracking down on it. The atv's are pretty much the only way they get around up there lol. There are so many stolen cars up there just stripped and burned.2 or 3 years ago some kid took his moms lexus up to a firepit up there, got it stuck. left for 30 minutes to get help and it was torched down. Thats the kind of place it is.

ZeroLogic
04-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Freakin monkeys!

Lmao!

I don't think the fake indians are telling the truth. They have no business riding on land that you can't ride on anyway.

MOFO
04-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
Boy "MOFO" it sure seems like you took what I said a little "TOOOOOOO" personel. The point I was trying to make is that this story has very little to do with atv's. Don't throw stones if you know what I mean.

You can bet your bottom dollar that ANYONE that is anti-ATV is reading this article saying "Look, these ATV riders are nothing but problems"

The entire basis of the dispute was about illegally riding ATV's.

BTW, I take nothing personal on here... its the internet.
You need to realize I do not beat around the bush and can be very firm on my point of views. :cool:

STEVENJANNA
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
You can bet your bottom dollar that ANYONE that is anti-ATV is reading this article saying "Look, these ATV riders are nothing but problems"

The entire basis of the dispute was about illegally riding ATV's.

BTW, I take nothing personal on here... its the internet.
You need to realize I do not beat around the bush and can be very firm on my point of views. :cool:
I'm on the same side of the fence as you here. What I meant by taking it personally was that just because of things that happened in my youth doesn't mean I shouldn't own one.

Unfortunatley this story isn't about just atv's there's a back story but atv's and they're owners are going to be villianized. I can almost bet that for every atv ridden illegally there are 2 or more dirtbikes ridden illegally but you don't hear about that.

300exrider99
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by antman
thats pretty screwed up... why do those guys need guns anyways... they work in a park for gods sake.

A lot of things go on in parks that are a lot worse than a few trespassers. large parks are a haven for various drug activities (growing, dealing, cooking meth, so on and, so on), and some of those individuals will do just about anything to get away even if it does mean killing a park ranger. Here is an interesting article you might like to read. http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0610/p01s03-usgn.html

04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
yes these people are known as the jackson white's, they are all inbreed low life's . The odds are they got what they deserved

Yep, there's like 29,000 Jackson Whites in my town too. They all think there hardcore gangsta's so of course there tying to get revenge.

I was working today (i'm a cashier at a supermarket) and this one guy and another guy was talking about the hole shooting thing and they knew the guy really good or w.e too.

FMF450R
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Yep, there's like 29,000 Jackson Whites in my town too. They all think there hardcore gangsta's so of course there tying to get revenge.

I was working today (i'm a cashier at a supermarket) and this one guy and another guy was talking about the hole shooting thing and they knew the guy really good or w.e too.

Dont worry, the paint sludge will kill off the low-lifes in Ringwood. With the in-breeding the f**kers in Mahwah will eventually die too!!

This place would be better off WITHOUT them!!

Ralph
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FMF450R
Dont worry, the paint sludge will kill off the low-lifes in Ringwood.

Are you referring to the pollution from the old ford plant.

Anyways, mahwah is a very nice town. I think of it like a nice woman's rear end. Its totally sweet but there is still a brown hole.

Its actualy kinda nice, whenever there is feud going on between neighboring towns we just tell them to meet us up in the brae(aka The mounain, Stag hill, etc.) They never show..lmfao