PDA

View Full Version : rear brake 300ex HELP!

Trevor
04-03-2006, 05:36 AM
My rear brake doent work. I tolck my parking brake off and put on a block off I also put on new pads. I blead the brakes and they seemed to work but a couple days later no rear brake.The petal just pushes down realy easy. I thought that it may have worked ome air down the lines so I bled them and now the same thing again. What is going on I bought a seal kit for the caliper but havn't put it in yet hopefully it will fix it.

Trevor
04-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Well dose this sound like a seal problem or a master cylender problem?

JW450R1
04-04-2006, 05:34 AM
it's hard to get all the air out of a atv brake system.try taking the block plate off and see if u get a pedal.i had one that was not made correctly and the pin that comes out of the caliper was hitting the plate.just drilled out the hole in the plate a little bit more....

Trevor
04-05-2006, 10:37 AM
what make was yours mine is a white bros

JW450R1
04-05-2006, 05:30 PM
mind was a lonestar

Ballistic Atv
04-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Make sure the brake lines dont have any cracks or holes and make sure the mastercylinder is full of brake fluid.

bwamos
04-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Did you bleed them correctly? It will take 2 people to do it corectly, or a checkvalve.

I have a feeling you are sucking air back into the system when youre releasing the brake during your bleeding process.

Ohh... and why exactly did you need to bleed the brakes??? You dont have to bleed them when you change pads, or remove the e-brake.

Only time you ever need to bleed the brakes is if you introduce air into the system.