PDA

View Full Version : Cheap engine mods and has ne one used the Dr.D exhaust on there 400ex yet?

quadrider11
04-03-2006, 05:22 AM
I have a 05' 400ex and don't know what to do with it. Also I have been interested in the Dr.D exhaust. Did ne one use it yet? So...does ne one have ne advice for some cheap engine mods.

Thanks

bradrenea
04-03-2006, 08:37 AM
If you end up getting an exhaust system, you can remove the airbox lid and choke for more power. Of course it will be rejetted, so it would be good to do those the same time you install the pipe so you only have to jet it once. A god filter will help as well. I like the UNI filters, some guys prefer K&N.

04TRX400EX
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I have a Dr. D slip-on on my 400EX and so does my friend on his 400. I love the pipe! It gives good power gains, sounds great, and isn't that loud compared to a lot of the other exhausts out there :macho I wouldn't exactly call it a cheap mod. It's about the same price as a HMF or some others, and no one calls those "cheap" exhausts. I would definitely recommend Dr. D. Combine it with a K&N air filter and some jetting, and you'll be good to go.

WheelieMan4
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
a friend of mine on here, Cooter400, has one on his 05 and i think it sounds great and he loves it on there. i would deff. reccomend it!!

04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
i rode a z400 with a drd not very impressed. dont take your air box lid off if uj dont pipe it or are trail riding(might run into some deep water or mud). rejet pipe it best starter mods

premiumtommy
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by yeaman
i rode a z400 with a drd not very impressed. dont take your air box lid off if uj dont pipe it or are trail riding(might run into some deep water or mud). rejet pipe it best starter mods

dude...if you go through water that can go over your airbox lid you got serious problems...and regardless..the snorkel will suk the water in anyways cause its like an inch or 2 higher

and if you go in mud deeper than that...u aint gettin out