PDA

View Full Version : SX/AX tires

airheadedduner
07-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Since I don't got the bucks to shell out for groved radials I was considering getting 19-6-10 holeshot mx fronts combined with 18 inch fast trackers. The tracks in my area are supercross style and well groved. Would these work well??? Would I be better off with tamers on the rear. I am not sure if I will like trackers.

Regulator 250X
07-29-2002, 06:01 PM
definitely tamers, they are cheaper, i think, and can be grooved for your situations. Nobody really runs the fast trekkers ive seen them out there, but they arent the tire of choice. Tamers in my opinion.

07-30-2002, 07:28 AM
I'd go with maxxis razr's up front over the ITP's..

airheadedduner
07-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I'd go with maxxis razr's up front over the ITP's..

Can't get the Razr's in 19's. I really like the 19\18 inch tire combo.

Razorback
07-30-2002, 03:34 PM
if you feel industrious, you could buy some 145r10 radial tires and groove them yourself. of course you'd need access to some sort of grooving tool. the radials are great on the track.

you could also think of it like this. a set of radials would probably last through at least two sets of holeshots, if not more. they don't wear very fast at all compared to the knobbies. just a thought.

airheadedduner
07-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by RazorbackEXRider
if you feel industrious, you could buy some 145r10 radial tires and groove them yourself. of course you'd need access to some sort of grooving tool. the radials are great on the track.

you could also think of it like this. a set of radials would probably last through at least two sets of holeshots, if not more. they don't wear very fast at all compared to the knobbies. just a thought.

About how much do they cost???? If it is resnonable I could get a groving tool and match the groving to my buddies Rikens. IT would have to be fairly cheap though cause Rocky mountian is selling the holeshoots for $167 on .190 wheels.

Razorback
07-30-2002, 03:49 PM
don't quote me on this, but i've heard you can get them for about $20 or so per tire. some place like 'discount tire' might carry them, but they may have to be ordered. the reason they are so expensive from the quad stores is because the grooving is labor intensive, but if you've got the patience and a good tool, you could save some serious bucks in the long run, and maybe even sell some of your own custom grooves :D and make a profit :devil

if i can remember right, one of my sets is made of kumho tires. i have two sets and they are both 145r10 size.

airheadedduner
07-30-2002, 03:54 PM
:eek: OMG that is well worth it if I can find them. I think I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the tip.