PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r bottom end

danniheyj82888
04-02-2006, 09:46 PM
what would be the best way to get more bottom end for trail riding?

leadfoot_52
04-02-2006, 10:01 PM
HRC Kit.

danniheyj82888
04-02-2006, 10:04 PM
i know you get more overall power that way but i didnt know it gave u alot of bottom end

leadfoot_52
04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Trust me-you will have more than enough bottom end with the HRC kit. If you do decide to get it, make sure to put like a 175 main in it with the air box lid off and you will really notice the difference in low-mid range and it even has alot of top end too. It is the best 300 dollars that I have ever spent on a quad.

JIMTED79
04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by leadfoot_52
HRC Kit.
HRC cam is all top end I would go for the hot cam stage 1 for more bottom and a higher compression piston. And I asume you already have an aftermarket exhaust and intake on your bike.

GIXXER1KR
04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I have the HRC kit with a yosh rs7 slip on with a k&n filter kit and it stands straight up over the smallest little bump or small tree in the woods!Plenty down low on the 06!!!!!

leadfoot_52
04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Ha Ha thats really funny because my buddy has the same bike that i do and he has the hotcam stage 1 and a rossier full exhaust, and I still pull away from him in every gear in a straight line. you really dont need more than 12:1 compression unless you really want to run race gas, or are drag racing. The HRC Kit is the way to go-Thats just my opinoin.

JIMTED79
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by leadfoot_52
Ha Ha thats really funny because my buddy has the same bike that i do and he has the hotcam stage 1 and a rossier full exhaust, and I still pull away from him in every gear in a straight line. you really dont need more than 12:1 compression unless you really want to run race gas, or are drag racing. The HRC Kit is the way to go-Thats just my opinoin.

You just said it " I pull away from him" , more top end.

leadfoot_52
04-02-2006, 10:29 PM
well if you owned an 06-which I am assuming that you dont, then you would know the difference when the kit is installed. I am not trying to start anything, I am just trying to help this guy out. It is really hard to keep the front tires on the ground throught the first 3 gears on my quad. If you really want more low end for a cheap price, then I would recommend spending 15 dollars for a 12 tooth front sproket for christ sake. I really noticed a big difference on the low end power of my quad after installing the HRC kit. Thats why I am recommending it over anything else. Enough said.

JIMTED79
04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
If you look I have and 05 450R and I agree with the hrc being the best bang for the buck. But the guy did not say whats the cheapest way to get more all over power. Of cource your going to feel more power with the hrc kit, more air and fuel=more power but when you want only bottom end there are alot better cams out there to get it than the hrc and I know just about everyone out there will agree.

4ABURN
04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I love my 12 tooth front sp for the woods. Lost a little top end but the low end is killer.:D

MAD450r
04-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes the 04/05 hrc is mostly a topend cam, but the 06's isn't. The 06's is the dirtbike cam from what I have read many times on here.

That cam will give power everywhere not just on upper mid to topend as the 04/05 hrc did.

Although if you put a full exhaust on with the 04/05 cam it really pulls hard throughout my powerband.

JIMTED79
04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
Yes the 04/05 hrc is mostly a topend cam, but the 06's isn't. The 06's is the dirtbike came from what I have read many times on here.

That cam will give power everywhere not just on upper mid to topend as the 04/05 hrc did.

Although if you put a full exhaust on with the 04/05 cam it really pulls hard throughout my powerband.

Thanks for the info, did not know it changed.

leadfoot_52
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I guess that's why the forum is here-so we all learn about what we are riding and what they are capable of doing. I am glad to have came to this site.

DSP Dave
04-05-2006, 06:19 AM
I just upgraded from a 06 400ex to a 06 450r and really liked all the power but was a little dissapointed in the low end power for riding in the woods over the 400ex. It also had a hesitation in it right off the bottom. I put a full LRD exuast on it and LRD jet kit and also removed the airbox lid. I also dropped the front sprocket to a 12t and now that the 06 comes with a FCR carb I added a Boysen quickshot accelerator pump cover. This combination gave me exactly what I was looking for the hesitation is gone and the lowend is awsome! It makes it alot easier to lug around the woods and the throttle response is right now. I wanted to do the HRC kit but I didn't want to tear into the motor just yet. After talking with other people about what to do I was told to do this first and then if I needed more to just change the cam. My Honda shop actually told me not to buy the HRC kit because you pay for parts that most people don't use. Their exact words were Full exuast,jet kit,air filter and hot cam. They said that the hotcam was a better choice over the HRC cam on the 06. I am very happy with my 06 right now it has tons of power and lowend I am not sure if I am going to change the cam or not!!
Dave

MAD450r
04-05-2006, 02:42 PM
It all depends on how you ride, and where you want your power. I have no trouble on my 04 with stock gearing woods riding. I do have to clutch more, but it only took a short time to get use to that.

I have ridden only 1 450r with a hotcam stage 2 in it and I liked my hrc better. I like to ride up near the limiter more so the hrc is best for me. If you like to ride lower in the rpms then yes you will love the hotcam stage 2

As for gearing the 1 R I rode with hot cam in it had 13/39 gearing. It had alot of power off idle to about 2/3rds through the rpm range then it just dropped off.

My 04 hrc pulls right to the limiter. Im still running stock limiter due to warrenty.