PDA

View Full Version : Hiper rims(carbon fiber)

raptor brothers
04-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Well this is going to be my first mod on my Raptor 700.Before I drop a large chunk of change on them.Has any one heard anything negative about them?

IrideMHSC
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I love mine... they are light and durable and also if you break one piece you can replace it instead of the whole wheel.. also on an aluminum wheel once they get scratched they look old and crappy... through a new set of rings on hipers and they look brand new..

woodsman250r
04-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I doubt you will EVER hear a bad report about a Hiper wheel. If you ride XC they are they best to get, period. Also they make them for MX and have a new non beadlock front that will outlast any aluminum rim. I had douglass beadlocks on the rear and they bent and are no longer true. Wish I could say the same for the Hipers :blah:

prepracing
04-03-2006, 02:26 AM
I have heard of a few busting, but thats rare. BUT one of my buddies clipped a tree a couple weeks ago in a race and it bent the aluminum center section ( his was not the hub center, just standard lug center ), the good part about it is you can buy that piece seperate

gbcap
04-03-2006, 07:20 AM
you can bend the carbon part of the hiper...but in several days it is true again. all parts are replaceable.

talk to hiper once, they put a wheel in a vise...till there was a 2 inch flat spot on the top and bottom. when they took it out that flat spot went down to .5 inches. after 24hours it was 98% true round and after 48 hours it was 100% true round again.

YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT EVER. and they have a one year warrenty against breaking? who else gives that kinda peace of mind.

IrideMHSC
04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I love em there is no better wheel.... There is only one i saw taht ran a baja 1000 and clippied a rock just right and took a 1/4 inch nick outta the edge of the rim and it ran the last half of the race sooo i think they are definately the toughest wheel out there