View Full Version : started some landscaping

Rootar
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
:D i began my in ground double today and im gonna have alot of dirt

Rootar
04-02-2006, 08:04 PM

Rootar
04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
dont worry all the in ground sections will be 12 feet wide just incase some one gets squirely landign or in take off

kawasaki_ridah
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
that's really sweet, how long will it take you to finish?

flyin#5
04-03-2006, 11:16 AM
idk.... im not a fan of dug out jumps. we used to build them for bmx bikes and it sucks. the bike gets going down, then throws you up.. its just an awkward feeling and you dont have much control in the air. ive done the same thing with a quad jump once... it sure preloads the crap out of you but again, its just so unpredictable.. your machine is in more control than you are. plus when it rains your going to have a big puddle there for a while. go ahead and try it.. maybe dig it out longer? other than that your compound there is lookin good.

Rootar
04-03-2006, 10:26 PM
yea dont worry they will be longer and smoother and iwas hitting it as it was and yes LOTS of preload but it ws still easily controlable in the air and stuff maybe im use to short steep jumps becasue thats all i used to build but im using the dir tim diging out to build up my landing to be huge and then im gonna build a 50 yard set of whoops to practice on and some more jumps

and alos my dad said i could have the area 80-100 feet wide instead of 65 like i planned

Dan_Guetter
04-04-2006, 12:23 AM
damn, those are gonna be some nice water pits when it rains!

theTman
04-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
damn, those are gonna be some nice water pits when it rains!

yep....gotta put some drainage in the man

Rootar
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
thats the joy of my dad being an electrical contractor lol

we have a trencher so it all ready has a 6 inch wide trench running from it in to a "run-off" creek that comes from our bigger pond and its drains very well becaseu it rained alot last night and i went and checked it this mourning and there was no water

here is what im talking about

Mxjunkie
04-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I love jumps like that I'd almost rather do a jump like that then one above the ground haha