PDA

View Full Version : Do scramblers work??

Matt37
04-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Do radar scramblers work??

I am thinking about buying one, but a buddy of mine said that it is all a sales pitch and there is no scientific way for a scrambler to work.

Does anybody have any info on these or has anyone purchased one??

Ralph
04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
lol

yeah they work. I believe they send out the similar waves that the police's radar sends out so it bounces off of alot of stuff and doesnt give the cop a good reading.

Ive heard that when approaching bridges you will notices cars around you slowing down cause the signal bounces of the bridges and sets of their radar detectors.

oh and as far as i know these are illegal and made at home.

Matt37
04-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

oh and as far as i know these are illegal and made at home.

I didnt think so.

If so, my local auto store is selling an ilegal product.

You can buy them online at lots of places.

JUSTINcredible
04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
they also have radar detectors, but thos do not scramble the signal and are not illeagal. Is that what they are selling maybe?

i know here the scramblers are very illegal and have heard of cops ripping apart cars trying to find where the person has them.

Ralph
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
It guess it varys state to state. I just read an article talking about a "Phantom" radar scrambler and it didnt scramble anything. Worked just like a normal radar detector.

ilpadrino113
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
scramblers are not illegal to own, just illegal to install in your car. as with radar detectors in some states. But why the hell wouldn't u install it in yer car if u had one? A ticket for owning a srambler is a lot less than a speeding ticket.

JLanphear
04-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Legality varies from state to state.

Not sure if they work but I have a Jammer and hadn't gotten a ticket while running it. Not saying that it was just a matter of "Luck" though.

It does not jam the roadside speed indicators set up by the police so that you can see how fast you are going.

I guess the reason why those aren't affected and the Police radar/laser is, is because the Police Radar have a sampling computer that throw out any signals with a lot of interference (or whatever you call it). The roadside indicators don't have this and it allows them to come up with a reading.

Anyway, I'd like to test my scrambler out sometime. I have a few friends that are police officers, but haven't been in the situation where I can try it out yet.

-Josh