PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

exrider23
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I was riding today andall of a sudden my clutch lever got real loose and it wouldnt pull the clutch.....well i pulled the thing out(number 7 on the diagram ) and it looks like there is a piiece broke off the bottom...is it suppose to be like a straight rod thng at the bottom? DIAGRAM (http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx400ex%2099-04/trx400ex%20frames%20page.htm)....after you click on the diagram go to right crankcase cover and its number 7.

Flyin-Low
04-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Uhh, it shouldnt matter if it is broken at the bottom. Dont get me wrong on this, its not good if it is but that wouldnt make your clutch mess up. there is a slot in the clutch lever (number 7) that hooks to the clutch puller (number 10 on the clutch diagram) and thats what pulls out the clutch.

Either way, it sounds like its your cable thats broken and not your clutch. Either its broken or stretched.

If your clutch lever is broken, try replacing it, slapping it all back together and then retrying it. If your clutch still feels bad, put a pair of vice grips right on were your clutch cable hooks to your lever and try to disengage the clutch manually.

-Martin

Flyin-Low
04-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Hope that helps. If it doesnt, i have no clue :D

exrider23
04-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Ok i will try to do it today. my cable might be stretched its a real good posibilty.thanks and ill get bak to u when i doit it...thanks for your help

jeremy_283
04-03-2006, 05:30 AM
doesnt sound like a cable?????????