PDA

View Full Version : interesting day

trick250r
04-02-2006, 04:11 PM
well, even though i didnt get to finish the second moto of my first race this year, (tire bead came off of the rim) it was insane. i did my first moto and its the 1st time ive been to this track, so i was just following some guys to pick up linesand i ended up finishing 6th out of 10. inbetween my motos, a dirtbike wrecked pretty bad. racing was postponedout an hour so the chopper could land in the middle of the track. from what the announcer was saying, it sounded like it was either a neck or spinal cord injury. after the chopper took off, racing continued for about 20 mins. when another wreck occured. it turns out the kid had a broken femur. so once again they sent for the chopper. it landed in the middle of the track , as it did the last time. they took thed out and racing began once again. finally my second moto came up (BTW, it had to be shortened to 3 laps instead of 4 b/c of the life flights)and i grabbed second out of the gate and followed the leader for 2 of the 3 laps. finally i got a chance to pass the leader in this turn. i had it pinned, i cocked the rear end sideways and went to the inside. i got past the leader, and started the uphill whoops section when i noticed that i was slowing down. i had to pull off of the track only to find

trick250r
04-02-2006, 04:13 PM
heres a pic of the chopper the second time it came

Chicksdigme423
04-02-2006, 04:13 PM
ouch, that sucks man:ermm:

LTZ400rider
04-02-2006, 07:53 PM
u need some beadlocks

trick250r
04-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
u need some beadlocks

at least i can say i litterally rode the tires off, but yeah, i think im gonna have to get some.

brandon34r
04-03-2006, 04:18 AM
man that sucks to be doing that good and have a tire come off the rim.....
if your interested though,I got some 8 inch douglas beads that im tryin to sell;)

FourFiftyFour
04-03-2006, 08:31 AM
I have done that before as well... my first moto of the day i was hot on someone and then i noticed my quad starting going all screwy and i looked down and saw what happened..I knew my rims were trashed anyway so I kept going and finished the moto... :scary: :eek2: needless to say, the next race i had beadlocks for my rears

1fst400
04-03-2006, 08:36 AM
that sucks. I definetly wouldent have stoped tho. It takes quite a bit to make a dnf seem like a choice. How much the parts will cost seems not to be a concern till I get back to the pits, them I'm like, Damn.....

Not so reasuring to see the helecopter leave the track 2 times on one day.

ONEBAD400
04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
get some hipers

trick250r
04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
that sucks. I definetly wouldent have stoped tho. It takes quite a bit to make a dnf seem like a choice. How much the parts will cost seems not to be a concern till I get back to the pits, them I'm like, Damn.....

Not so reasuring to see the helecopter leave the track 2 times on one day.

i was gonna finish the race, but it just would not move... idk why, but it would barely budge