PDA

View Full Version : quadtech hood

airheadedduner
07-29-2002, 02:52 PM
anyone know where I can get a quadtech style hood for my R that is not made of carbon fiber. Or if anyone has a quadtech hood they want to sell for cheap.

Moto92
07-30-2002, 01:51 AM
Ive tried and tried to find a scoop that isnt carbon fiber and have had no luck. The closest your going to get is the feather carbon hood which is like $50 cheaper but I dont like the looks of it compared to the quad tech.

airheadedduner
07-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Ive tried and tried to find a scoop that isnt carbon fiber and have had no luck. The closest your going to get is the feather carbon hood which is like $50 cheaper but I dont like the looks of it compared to the quad tech.

That really suxs cause I like the looks of that hood and the maier vented hood looks really lame. I have seen several bikes in magazines with quadtech styled hoods but I can't find who makes them.

Moto92
08-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I have seen several bikes in magazines with quadtech styled hoods but I can't find who makes them.

That would be http://www.quadtech-atv.com

racerx573
08-01-2002, 03:12 PM
I've contacted Full Bore about making plastic hood scoops at a lower cost than carbon, and they said that they really liked my idea.

250xman
08-01-2002, 03:12 PM
can yall tel me the measurement of a 250R hood from the bottom of the crest to the front of the hood? im thinking of putting one on my X if it will fit.

airheadedduner
08-01-2002, 03:29 PM
I asked fullbore if they made a plastic copy of the quadtech hood. I left it on the messege board but havn't checked it yet. At least I know they don't now. I think I'm just gonna put carbon fiber tape on a stock hood for now but I really like the quadtech better.

I don't think an R hood will fit on an X without some SERIOUS modding. My R hood measures about 15inches to the bottom of the crest. I think your problem will be with width though. My hood measures about 7 wide at the bottom, 9.5 in the middle, and 10.5 at the crest. I believe your X hood is much narrower.