PDA

View Full Version : clutch sticking?

jrmy
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
OK I was riding yesterday, and I dont know much about the mechanics of it all, so here goes. I have a '02 400ex, stock, and it just randomly started revving up at random times or when i switched gears. Like, when I take off in first it acts like im taking off in 3rd or something. It will rev up extremely loud and it feels like im riding the clutch but my hand is nowhere near the clutch.
I thought maybe it was just mental but I noticed that if I popped the clutch, normally it would raise the front end up, now it just takes off like I was easing off on the clutch and kinda stay there. I put WD 40 on the clutch cable, and tightened the cable a little bit, but that didnt seem to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

underpowered
04-02-2006, 12:50 PM
sounds like your clutch is toast. Neds new fibers at least, but a whole kit would be better. a barnett dirt digger kit is like $100 and comes with steels, fibers, and springs.

jrmy
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
any idea where the best place to order this from? I have asked around and was told all i needed was the 9 disks because it will still roll