PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm bolt WOES!!

baker250r
04-01-2006, 07:54 PM
ALright guys... if somethin happens once.. u fix it and go on.. but when it happens a second time.. WTF

this is the second time this has happened to me. ive been riding... and my swingarm bolt nut letterally pops off... bolt threads and all... almost as if the one side shears. but its not like it could shear... cuz there is still a thread or two sticking out. anybody knwo wut could be my problem? im running a no link setup if that helps. im an A rider also, so it aint no beginner piddling around the track on it.. lol

250R-Dee
04-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Is your frame properly setup for a no-link? It seems like the mount position maybe off which could lead to extreme forces on the compression stroke. The extreme pressure is what will shear the bolt. Oh yeah, over-tightening the nut for the bolt will also make it weaker.

Aceman
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
What are you torqueing the nut down to? What kind of bolt is it? Stainless?

baker250r
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
OEM bolt... and the shock is setup for stock link frame no link swingarm. ive never bottomed out really.. so i cant figure that one out. the guy that had it b4 me has raced a whoel season and not had this problem.

250R-Dee
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Change to a stainless bolt and make sure you do not over torque it. I'll try to find the torque specs in my manual later.