PDA

View Full Version : no-one will answer

Black400
07-29-2002, 12:20 PM
No one will answer my question in powertrain so im posting it here .I was running stage two dyno jet kit buti just put a cam and piston in now if i roll in to a turn and hit the trottle it bogs and stumbles do i need to change the main jet, pilot jet or the needle clip! on the stage two im running dyno jet 170:huh

racin 400
07-29-2002, 12:55 PM
It might be the main jet or jet setting.

07-29-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd recommend goin up to a 40 or 42 pilot,,also put the needle clip on the 2nd to the bottom of the needle, and if your running no airbox lid a 165 - 170 main jet should do the job..

07-29-2002, 01:36 PM
If you went to a more top-end oriented cam, you may simply not be keeping it revved up enough to be where the cam is pulling. If you are running a top-end cam and then you let the motor go down almost to idle in a low speed turn, you will have problems with bogging unless you keep the RPM up to where it "comes on the cam". Try running a gear lower than usual through the tight corners and keep the RPM up and see if it helps.

As for jetting, I'd go with Rico's recommendations.

MIKE400EX
07-29-2002, 07:55 PM
You've got a top end/race cam and you're riding in the woods? Try dropping a tooth in the front (use a 14), if that's not enough add a few teeth to the back sprocket. Or maybe trade the cam for a mid-range one. Bigger doesn't always mean faster.

Ketch
07-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Ok this same thing happen to me. I'm rumning #40pj last notch on the needle and a#165 mj. It runs good this way but with the 12 - 1" holes an uni plug it does not run the sanme thing happens
lid off it runs. Try my setup with out the lid it shoud run. I hope you are running a K/N and a outerwares.:cool: