PDA

View Full Version : suspension?

Blue_Streak23
04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a 02' raptor 660. I was wondering what you guys thought the suspension, with the best bang-for-buck was. I have heard stock yfz shocks or works performence. How much would yfz shocks run for used?

Robin Hood
04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Check Ebay for used YFZ shocks, I've seen front pairs being sold from 100$ to around 250$.

They work tons better than stock and are def. the best bang-for-buck suspension. Once I get more cash I'll probably slap on a pair on my baby. :devil:

Blue_Streak23
04-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Do they bolt right up? Do you have to change the internial valving?

Racing Rice
04-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Best bang for the buck would probably be the YFZ shocks since you can pick them up fairly cheap. I don't really have any experience with them, but everyone that runs them says they are quite an improvement.

No, they don't bolt right up. You have to do some trimming and cutting to get them to work. If you need more info on the install, I can point provide you with some very nice install directions.

I personally would not get Works. Spend a little more money and get some Elka Recs or something like that. Anything will be better then the stock shocks though. It just depends on how much your willing to spend.

I love my Fox Shox, but they were more then the Elka Recs would have been.

jlm996s
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
My buddy just put some YFZ shocks on his Raptor and they made a huge difference. Now he needs to do something to his rear and get it to sit a little lower.

Blue_Streak23
04-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Best bang for the buck would probably be the YFZ shocks since you can pick them up fairly cheap. I don't really have any experience with them, but everyone that runs them says they are quite an improvement.

No, they don't bolt right up. You have to do some trimming and cutting to get them to work. If you need more info on the install, I can point provide you with some very nice install directions.

I personally would not get Works. Spend a little more money and get some Elka Recs or something like that. Anything will be better then the stock shocks though. It just depends on how much your willing to spend.

I love my Fox Shox, but they were more then the Elka Recs would have been.

Sure! can you Pm me some directions?:D

Racing Rice
04-08-2006, 01:14 PM
You should have a PM.

Blue_Streak23
04-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Thank you racing rice! those direstions where very helpful. Now I just got to find me some YFZ shocks!:D

Racing Rice
04-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Good luck man.. Check out yfzcentral they go through there all of the time.

alex d
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Racing rice,

Could you send me detailed instruction on installing the fyz shocks unto my 02 raptor. grinding and cutting part.

Thanks for your help. you can email to alexd@ite.net .

alex (guam)

pimpin ant easy
10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
hey could some one send me the insturctions on the yfz shocks on the raptor nutz...thanks matt, u can send them to honda250xrider@hotmail.com