PDA

View Full Version : Billet Shifter

knighttime
07-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Ok, whats a good one and who has good prices on them?

I'm sick of mis-shiftin'. :grr

honda400exrider
07-29-2002, 11:56 AM
i dont think that the aluminum shifter will help the miss-shifting, just for looks pretty much

Texan32
07-29-2002, 12:04 PM
From what i understand, it is supposed to help a little with mis-shifting. Because the factory one is made of steel, it tends to flex when you slam on it. The alloy one is supposed to be less springy. Therefore giving you a much more solid feel. hich in turn might help you know if you in gear........this is from what i understand...

As far as what kind and where to get it....haven't gotten there yet...hurts my wallet justifying 70ish bucks for a shifter....

NJ300ex
07-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Nac's Racing carries the pro design billet shifter. I am not sure of the price without looking at the catalog but it should be around $75 like someone previously stated.

I think the pro design is the only one made for the 400ex unless you get a custom one done. Most places seem to have the same prices.

knighttime
07-29-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by honda400exrider
i dont think that the aluminum shifter will help the miss-shifting, just for looks pretty much

nope, mine is bent and really flexes :(

07-29-2002, 12:37 PM
I've got a pro design billet shifter and it most definitly, with out a doubt, 100% makes shifting easier and the misshifts are a thing of the past.. Yes they are over priced,,but hey santyclause brought me mine so I'm not complaining about the cost...well worth the money I think..If It was my money..:D :eek: :D

papaw
07-29-2002, 07:13 PM
i agree with rico.i'm on my second pro design shifter.they tend to wear out where your boot makes the shift.mine lasted about a season and a half.