PDA

View Full Version : key switch and neutral light removal?

Razorback
07-29-2002, 11:11 AM
alright, i have installed a 250r hood on my 400. i have replaced the starter/kill switch/light switch perch with a kill switch for a yz dirt bike as the starter button. the wires for the lights are all tied off. the key switch and neutral light have been mounted and i have easy access to them, i want to know if there is some way of getting rid of the key switch and neutral light. i really have no use for them, since i have a starter button and a pro design kill switch and no lights.

i know leave the key on it has a slight drain on the battery, so i'm trying to figure out how to get around this. any ideas?

07-29-2002, 01:09 PM
if you remove all lights including the netrual light you should have very little if any pull on the battery. My stock battery lasted over three years with the ignition wires tied together (removed the key). I wonder if you tied the two main wires going into your key switch into the wires of a tether kill switch would that be the same as turning the key off when the switch is pulled? I have rigged the starter button the same way you have and have done away with all wires that have anything to do with lights.

Razorback
07-29-2002, 08:41 PM
thanks for the info. i'll give that a shot. sounds like it's worked well for you.