PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV / Monitor Help!!

Ralph
04-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I have a 26" widescreen LCD TV which i want to utilize as a monitor but im having some trouble getting a good resolution going. Its native resolution is something like 13??x768. How can i set my computer up to get a nice clean image on this screen. All help is appreciated.!

MOFO
04-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I would try a resolution of 1280x768 - 1280x720...or anything close. Do you have any of those available by your video card?

I can run 1280x768 on my 46" TV and its great!

Ralph
04-01-2006, 02:58 PM
right now im running 1152 x 864 and its the best yet but everything is still a little fat. I suppose i could use the "Manual Clock" Setting to just shrink the image so i just wont be using the whole width of the screen.

Also, this is my First HD television. Im not about to go out and buy HD cable service etc cause im fine for now but i figured it wouldnt hurt with these new video game systems coming out.

How about my playstation. Should i buy special wires to make the picure better? Is it worth it?

Anyways i love this thing. Couldnt be happier with the sound, price, size, etc.

MOFO
04-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
right now im running 1152 x 864 and its the best yet but everything is still a little fat. I suppose i could use the "Manual Clock" Setting to just shrink the image so i just wont be using the whole width of the screen.

Also, this is my First HD television. Im not about to go out and buy HD cable service etc cause im fine for now but i figured it wouldnt hurt with these new video game systems coming out.

How about my playstation. Should i buy special wires to make the picure better? Is it worth it?

Anyways i love this thing. Couldnt be happier with the sound, price, size, etc.

Oh yea... for your PS2, go get the component cables! Makes a huge difference especially with games that support 480P!

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 03:51 PM
u cant run a playstation on a lcd tv cus it will ruin the tv and the screen look on some games it even says.

MOFO
04-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
u cant run a playstation on a lcd tv cus it will ruin the tv and the screen look on some games it even says.

...and you should learn about the topic at hand before you post. :rolleyes:

This is untrue.

Plasma's and CRT based TV's are affected by burn in. Playing video games WILL NOT - I repeat - WILL NOT damage his LCD TV.

Ralph
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
...and you should learn about the topic at hand before you post. :rolleyes:

This is untrue.

Plasma's and CRT based TV's are affected by burn in. Playing video games WILL NOT - I repeat - WILL NOT damage his LCD TV.

And isnt the only thing that gets burnt in on those tv's things stat stay up for a long time?

And shouldnt it beable to be reversed by am inverse image. Someone should release a device that turns the signal inverse and then you can unburn the image!

Oh, and about ps2 socom3 supports the 480p mode and thats the game i play 99% of the time

coolex
04-01-2006, 06:44 PM
And isnt the only thing that gets burnt in on those tv's things stat stay up for a long time?

And shouldnt it beable to be reversed by am inverse image. Someone should release a device that turns the signal inverse and then you can unburn the image!

Oh, and about ps2 socom3 supports the 480p mode and thats the game i play 99% of the time

yes on plasmas it can get burned into the screen like if u press start to pause it then u take a dump ur girl comes over u eat luch then realize it is still paused it will be burnt on but i dont think it happens on lcd

and mofo knows wat hes talking about on this topic so listen good and take notes

Ralph
04-01-2006, 07:03 PM
I know mofo knows his stuff. This thread was basically directed at him lmfao. I just ordered some component cables. I went for some cheap ones as opposed to the $60 monsters cause I'm holding my breath for ps3 to come out which will really make this TV useful!

MOFO
04-02-2006, 07:15 AM

The new plasmas have a feature that will shift the entire picture 1 pixel if the screen does not detect any movement after a period of time. This helps eliminate burn in.

As for un-doing burning, I'm not sure if thats possible. I own a DLP so screen burn in is a thing of the past for me. :D

Ralph
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I updated the drive on my Matrox graphics card and now i am running at 1368x768. Perfect. Exactly what i wanted and it works great. Thanks mofo for the advice. Should have my component cables tuesday

Honda#4
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
heres what i was taking about before sorry u cant see it vary good but u can kind of read it the paragragh that is circled is the one.

MOFO
04-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
heres what i was taking about before sorry u cant see it vary good but u can kind of read it the paragragh that is circled is the one.

LMAO... do I have to read it to you???

It clearly states, warning for users of projection TV's unless they are LCD based.

LCD and DLP TV's WILL NOT BURN IN! CRT based TV's as mentioned in the warning will burn in.

:D

MOFO
04-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I updated the drive on my Matrox graphics card and now i am running at 1368x768. Perfect. Exactly what i wanted and it works great. Thanks mofo for the advice. Should have my component cables tuesday

Nice! I had to do the same thing to get 1280x768 on my video card as well. Glad it worked - your going to love it!

Ralph
04-02-2006, 05:37 PM
ill get a pic of what my desk looks like now in a little. I might beable to get a nice onkyo unit(manages all devices, surround sound, etc)(Im home entertainment center stupid, i dont know terms) from my boss and then slowly build an awesome system.