PDA

View Full Version : denton?

TRX_450
04-01-2006, 01:01 PM
does anybody have a denton steering stabilizer on their quad? if so how do you like it and what exactly does it do?

redrunner
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow alot of questions on these lately......
They are about the lowest end stabilzer out there, they work reasonably well for us rec guys but fail in a racer situation. It reduces the feel of the bars yanking out of your hands when you hit bumps. I love mine and just rebuilt it.

Sjorge450R
04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
I race XC and I will never race or ride without my denton stabilizer again. There is no need to pay $500 when the $120 works perfect for novice to intermediate racers.

Lonestar_R
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Do a search on ebay for Steering Stabilizers....Noss Machine offers the same exact thing as a denton and they are cheaper....I have a denton on my 250R and a Noss on my 450R.....I don't race but they work great for the very aggressive trail riding I do.....I cannot tell you how much better the bike will be when you put one on....no more of the bars being rippe out of your hands....Like what was said if you are a full on racer I would spend the extra money ona WER or a Percsion....but not for aggressive trail riding or casual trail riding

prepracing
04-01-2006, 09:17 PM
untill the new GPR's and Precision stabilizers came out alot of the top level pro riders ran 2 denton type steering stabilizers :macho talked about your bars not sawing back and forth, I can't imagine riding with 2 stabilizers, seems like it would be to hard to steer

94F450SD
04-01-2006, 11:17 PM
i got a noss stabilizer on my 400 and love it.i got it off ebay for 100 bux.best thing i bought so far.my friend rode mine but didnt like it cuz the steering was too stiff for him,i forgot to tell him it was adjustable though.i like it a little on the stiff side.i rode another friends 400 without a stabilizer and didnt like it at all.i jumped right back on mine.but i did like his antivibe steering stem,i now have one of those comeing soon :D

04-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
untill the new GPR's and Precision stabilizers came out alot of the top level pro riders ran 2 denton type steering stabilizers :macho talked about your bars not sawing back and forth, I can't imagine riding with 2 stabilizers, seems like it would be to hard to steer i dont think thats the full purpose of running two stick stabilizers. most people run two stabilziers because with just one there is a "lag" in the force when turning but when you have two its firm all the time. I could never notic eit

GIXXER1KR
04-02-2006, 11:01 PM
nd im sure the Precision is top notch but 500 is way to steep for me.....

250R-Dee
04-02-2006, 11:40 PM
The new Jannsen racing stabilizer is a dual setup. I think I'll probably just grab a Noss off of Ebay.