PDA

View Full Version : Mounting tires

rollie
04-01-2006, 08:17 AM
whats up i need to mount a new set of MXR6's on my beadlocks by tommrow id prefer to do it myself , haha any suggestions?

thanks

TheFontMaster
04-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Beadlocks are really easy to mount tires on, well atleast when I did mine they were. Just put the tire on the rim, beadlock side facing up. Push the inside edge of the tire over the bead where the rings lock in. Then the outside bead of the tire will be able to just sit on the lip. Line it up to make shure the tire is even, then put on the ring, and torque the bolts for the ring down to 10-12 fott pounds. Tighten them in a criss cross pattern, and go over then 2 or 3 times. The put some dish soap around the bead on the other side of the rim. It helps the tire to get set onto the bead. Then just start inflating the tire, untill the bead sets.

rollie
04-01-2006, 08:32 AM
allright ill try that, thanks

JRP
04-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Beadlocks are really easy to mount tires on, well atleast when I did mine they were. Just put the tire on the rim, beadlock side facing up. Push the inside edge of the tire over the bead where the rings lock in. Then the outside bead of the tire will be able to just sit on the lip. Line it up to make shure the tire is even, then put on the ring, and torque the bolts for the ring down to 10-12 fott pounds. Tighten them in a criss cross pattern, and go over then 2 or 3 times. The put some dish soap around the bead on the other side of the rim. It helps the tire to get set onto the bead. Then just start inflating the tire, untill the bead sets.

yea thats what i did with mine.