PDA

View Full Version : how long for a promise ring?

fasterblaster09
04-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Just wondering....about how long should a guy wait to give a girl a promise ring? is it ever too early? and if the guy is 100% sure he's ready..thanks alot

ShiftFMX
04-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I Gave my Girlfriend one after 3 years

Tom TRX250R
04-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I'd at least wait a couple years of dating them to see all their quirks in them. Believe me I dated a girl for four years and she wanted to get married, I wasn't ready, still in college. Best thing I ever did not marrying her. She was so ready for marriage that she ended up meeting another guy a month later and was engaged that SAME month:eek2:

nosliw
04-01-2006, 08:30 AM
:huh

rollie
04-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
:huh

same here:confused: sounds like one of the things you get from the gumball machines for $25

Chicksdigme423
04-01-2006, 08:50 AM
i dont know what kind of gum ball machine you've been dealing with but mine are $.25:p

JRP
04-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by rollie
same here:confused: sounds like one of the things you get from the gumball machines for $25

lmao, thats what I was thinking too. haha

MR.BIG
04-01-2006, 09:25 AM
How old are you?

rollie
04-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by JRP
lmao, thats what I was thinking too. haha

haha you know me, ui get hungry so i have to get my gumballs from the big gumball machine, there like the size of my head:cool:

Aceman
04-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Age?

First off, have you lived with the girl yet?
Women are kind of funny that way, unless you've lived with them you don't really know them. If you've made it this far then I assume you've had *you know what I mean*. Because if you haven't, that's like buying a car without test driving it first. It's a major part of a marriage and in my opinion should happen before you get married. You need to know if your compatible with this person. And last of all, I bet people who get married early in their lives have a higher statistical divorce rate, so don't jump the gun. Women are still changing through their early twenties so you might get along with her now but in a few years she might be a different person. Bottom line-take your time.

MOFO
04-01-2006, 02:55 PM
LMAO...promise ring?

Get some nads and just get engaged... if not, your just dating.

This sounds like some highschool thing...

04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
i bought my g.f 4 $100+ rings and then she wanted more and more expensive rings. now she wont answer my calls so there went some money I could have used on a new bearing carrier i need right now

clutt225
04-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Promise ring HA thats a good one? Here we have a kid that wants to promise to marry this girl. Just get engaged and if your still together in a year then marry her. Its not like it has to be forever anymore.

ZeroLogic
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
What the hell is a promise ring?

catfishing
04-01-2006, 05:43 PM
LOL promise ring. I met my Wife in Dec. of 89 Got engaged that Feb of 90. Married Sept of 90.We have an 11yr old Daughter. This Sept. will be 16yrs.Never had a change of heart.So you will know when you meet the right lady to be in your life.You will not have to ask when is the time to buy a ring.If your still in school keep your money have fun because after high school their is a 95% chance you will never see her again.

Honda TRX250ex
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Is that like a pinky promise for not leaving you as long as you have the money?:huh

LTandRaptorider
04-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i bought my g.f 4 $100+ rings and then she wanted more and more expensive rings. now she wont answer my calls so there went some money I could have used on a new bearing carrier i need right now

Sorry Mike... I took her for a ride on my Raptor, she has been enthralled ever since! :eek:

btw... I sold those rings for a tranny update on the Raptor.... :eek: :eek2: :devil:

miller821
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Man just give her a mood ring..... Those things are a blast.

04-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Sorry Mike... I took her for a ride on my Raptor, she has been enthralled ever since! :eek:

btw... I sold those rings for a tranny update on the Raptor.... :eek: :eek2: :devil: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NOOOOO ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!! YOU SON OF A *****

prepracing
04-02-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Age?

First off, have you lived with the girl yet?
Women are kind of funny that way, unless you've lived with them you don't really know them. If you've made it this far then I assume you've had *you know what I mean*. Because if you haven't, that's like buying a car without test driving it first. It's a major part of a marriage and in my opinion should happen before you get married. You need to know if your compatible with this person. And last of all, I bet people who get married early in their lives have a higher statistical divorce rate, so don't jump the gun. Women are still changing through their early twenties so you might get along with her now but in a few years she might be a different person. Bottom line-take your time.

I know its the 21st century and a lot of people go this route, BUT there are also a lot that will not because of religion and beliefs....Also what MOFO said just get engaged, I thought that was pretty much the same thing as a promise ring anyway. If you both are serious why even wait....Just get married

LTandRaptorider
04-02-2006, 06:00 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NOOOOO ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!! YOU SON OF A *****

Ahhh... Finally the reaction I was looking for! :D

And another piece of advice to this thread starter... Instead of getting her a "promise" ring, get her a mood ring! That would be money better spent and actually useful to you! :eek: :devil:

knighttime
04-02-2006, 08:27 AM
this promise ring sounds dumb, but if it can get you out of getting an engagement ring for a few months or years, then it may not be such a bad thing, lol :eek2:

04-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I say if its time to get a promise ring.. uve been with her too long. U should break up with her:devil:

Warnerade
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
why dont you get her a pre-commitment ring...saying that in a few years, you will be ready for a commitment?

just get her a damn ring...

04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ahhh... Finally the reaction I was looking for! :D

i dont care if shes riding with you but to say she was on the raptor or even on a yamaha, just the thought makes me throw up a little. SHOOT ME NOW!

MOFO
04-02-2006, 04:24 PM
If your not sure about the promise ring, try a "I'm pretty sure" ring... :D

Warnerade
04-02-2006, 08:47 PM
i dont care if shes riding with you but to say she was on the raptor or even on a yamaha, just the thought makes me throw up a little. SHOOT ME NOW! she may have not been riding a raptor...but she sure as hell got me as hard as a fossil!

Ralph
04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
she may have not been riding a raptor...but she sure as hell got me as hard as a fossil!

and just like a fossil it will never be seen alive...

Warnerade
04-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
and just like a fossil it will never be seen alive... coming from a virgin...

Ralph
04-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
coming from a virgin...

lmfao you wish.