PDA

View Full Version : Please Look!!!!!!!

Sjorge450R
04-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Well, as most of your know, I have been having problems with my jetting on my 300ex. Well I was doing a leak test, and I found 3 holes:ermm: in my head. Now my question is what can I do to fix it. Could I use that JB weld stuff. Or should I just get a 250x motor or 300ex motor from ebay??? Please help. I am leading the points in the series that I run and cant afford any down time.

Cody_300ex
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Just buy a new head and slap it on there. How did three holes get into your head????

trX250eXmXr28
04-01-2006, 08:39 AM
is it where the head connects tot eh cylinder? if so put a new gasket in there

ZeroLogic
04-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Just buy a new head and slap it on there. How did three holes get into your head????

Agree, unless you have the money to buy a 250x engine.

Sjorge450R
04-01-2006, 09:29 AM
well here are some pictures. I just got back from my Honda dealer and he said to just fill them with some high temp silocone until I have some time between races to get some weld on there. I think that I could find a 250x motor cheaper than a new head since the heads a 600 from the dealer and 400 from service honda.

the pictures are at.....

www.putfile.com/sjorge3442

since they are too big of a file to post here and I dont have any image programs as of now.

trX250eXmXr28
04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
hey jroge will u be making a comeback to etown this year? id really like to ride with ya.. and do u kno of anny harescrambles near etown id love to try a cross country race befor i make my quad wider with the aarms and axle

Sjorge450R
04-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by trX250eXmXr28
hey jroge will u be making a comeback to etown this year? id really like to ride with ya.. and do u kno of anny harescrambles near etown id love to try a cross country race befor i make my quad wider with the aarms and axle

I would love to come back over to E town. When is the next open quad practice on the practice track???

As for the harescramble races, they are everywhere, thats what I run. Up at Pine Grove there is this track called The Flying Dutchmen Web site is:

www.flyingdutchmenmc.net

Check out the schedual page.

Then go to

www.harescrambleracing.com

click east race, then District 6. Then check out the schedual.

FMFTRX250r
04-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Well, as most of your know, I have been having problems with my jetting on my 300ex. Well I was doing a leak test, and I found 3 holes:ermm: in my head. Now my question is what can I do to fix it. Could I use that JB weld stuff. Or should I just get a 250x motor or 300ex motor from ebay??? Please help. I am leading the points in the series that I run and cant afford any down time.

are you postive thats where its leakin..ive seen that a few times but never seen one leak....also has the head been ported?

ive got a few head layin around id let go cheap like....

trX250eXmXr28
04-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I would love to come back over to E town. When is the next open quad practice on the practice track???

As for the harescramble races, they are everywhere, thats what I run. Up at Pine Grove there is this track called The Flying Dutchmen Web site is:

www.flyingdutchmenmc.net

Check out the schedual page.

Then go to

www.harescrambleracing.com

click east race, then District 6. Then check out the schedual.

the next practice on the MX race track is may 31st... its a wensday... and the next practice on the practice track is June 3rd... not many practices this year due to etown having a lawsuit put on them and there insurance compony dropping them....

ill deffinatly check out those races u told me about.. maybe we could race each other :D

youll probly beat me at XC but i think i got ya in MX:)

Sjorge450R
04-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by FMFTRX250r
are you postive thats where its leakin..ive seen that a few times but never seen one leak....also has the head been ported?

ive got a few head layin around id let go cheap like....

its not leaking, but it could turn into a problem. How much would you let those heads go for? Are they ported?

bwamos
04-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't worry about it bro.
Iv'e seen that a lot on the 300ex's.

You dont have any water running through the head, the oil runs through a specific spot, and is unnaffected, and you have a pretty heavy steel sleeve on the inside. It's just a couple casting bubbles. I wouldn't worry one bit about it. If you think about it, there's nothing that can fail from those. Even if it went all the way through to the sleeve, you'd still be sealed tight.

Sjorge450R
04-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I wouldn't worry about it bro.
Iv'e seen that a lot on the 300ex's.

You dont have any water running through the head, the oil runs through a specific spot, and is unnaffected, and you have a pretty heavy steel sleeve on the inside. It's just a couple casting bubbles. I wouldn't worry one bit about it. If you think about it, there's nothing that can fail from those. Even if it went all the way through to the sleeve, you'd still be sealed tight.

thanks alot bwamos. I was waiting for you to respond to this thread. I just got down Siloconing them up but I will leave it like that now