PDA

View Full Version : hmf slip on with fmf headpipe

wantablaster
03-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I have an fmf megamax full system on my 300ex now and was wondering if an hmf slip on will mount up to my fmf head pipe with out any mods.

4trax250x81
04-01-2006, 05:27 AM
No it will not mount right up. I tried it too and i had to get the white brothers head pipe but i thought i heard somewhere they dont make those anymore. Maybe someone else on here might know more about that.

ethanp87
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
yes it will work with a few mods like u have to cut the megamax header off about 10 inchs and build a drop mount for the back mount it works good if u are willing to do all lil modding.

Ryanwolfe911
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
You can make anything fit with a torch and welder. I modified a 450R muffler to fit on my 300ex with a DG headpipe. All I had to do was get creative with pipe placement. If you have neither, well then you're out of luck, cause even if you buy the HMF head pipe, it won't fit your muffer, cause i'm assuming the HMF silencer you have is a Slip on, and not part a Whole Pipe system. The slip on models are designed ti fit the stockm dinky little pipe, and the inlet diameter and the inlet angle are all wrong.