PDA

View Full Version : No Link rear setup on 250R Question

monkeynuts
07-29-2002, 09:24 AM
i finally got to put a few hours on my rear elka rebuild, and i hate it! going through whoops it bottoms, and almost throws the back end over the front, nao matter how i adjust it. i am going to go with a no link setup, and i was wondering if anyone had any pros or cons to this. any response will help thanks!!!

07-29-2002, 03:15 PM
a no-link rear will produce a rough ride but allows more travel. thsi would go with you front. but first i suggest adjusting your rear. if you turn the comprssion up and it still bottoms then demand a stiffer rear spring. if you adjust the comp. up and it feels better but still bucks over whoops turn your rebound down.

holeshot19
07-29-2002, 08:23 PM
i have a 01 lsr no link.i ride xc the shock is an axis its works great i wish the rear elka shock i got for my 400ex was as plush as the axis. but i can't coment on the no link that fits a stock geomerty r.

monkeynuts
07-29-2002, 11:16 PM
thanks for this info.

S.M.A416: i've heard that a no link will give you a softer ride, but i've got nothing to base this on. thanks for the infoon adjusting it. i'll screw with the shock some more before i bend over and get screwed for a no link shock and swing arm.

any other info will really help!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks