PDA

View Full Version : Dyno jet kit

Punk13rym
07-29-2002, 08:56 AM
the other day i was riding with my friends in the these open fields and we had our quads wide open. i realized that when i had it WOT there was a miss in the power. its like it just dosent want to go but once it drops to about 15/16 throttle its fine. i was thinking that maybe i should rejet to a 155 or 158. or could i have possible been hitting the rev limiter. right now i have a stage 2 jet kit and have the Dyno Jet 165 in the main jet like it says in the instructions for my altitude.

thanks

nakomis0
07-29-2002, 09:37 AM
For me, and in my opinion. Its real hard to get it jetted absolutly perfect.

Depending on how bad it is, or how much time you have to play with the jetting, its up to you. If its a problem re-jet. If its just a slight, not very noticable prob. you might just wanna leave it. It could be just because of the temperature outside, dirty/ or to clean of an air filter, ect. BTW, i really hate jetting:square

UglyMotha™
07-29-2002, 09:49 AM
go on up to the 170 what's it goin to hurt to try besides i thought new york was at the same altitude as me which is below 3000 here in ohio and if that's the case you should be using the 170

Punk13rym
07-29-2002, 11:19 AM
i'll try the 170 and see how it works once i get my 400 back from my friends house. actually now that i think of it i maybe already running the 170 but i'll check. i have plenty of time on my hands to mess with the quad. im going to get a 42 main jet also.

thanks

Punk13rym
08-05-2002, 07:37 AM
i think i found the problem!!! there was a waren out o-ring with a big half inch break in it, in the intake between the carb and the engine.:(