PDA

View Full Version : 05 400 wont start at night

94F450SD
03-31-2006, 08:04 PM
as the title states.if i got to my shop in the morning itll start right up.and when i start it to put it back in the shop itll start fine all day long till at night when i start it to move it in or out it wont start no matter what i do.it just started doing this the other day.but if i try to start it in the morning itll fire right up even though the night before it wouldnt run.the gas is on,switches are on and it is in neutral with a full tank of gas.

any ideas?:confused:

jeremy_283
03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
did u look at the solar panel on it?............. 400's are supposed to stay outside all day so they get a full charge....duh? maybe the solar charging panel is blocked? i wuld check that first................................ok really but how long have u had the quad?............ my quad does the same............ no matter how full the battery charge is it will somtimes start and somtimes wont.............i dont think day or nights got crap to do with it.... but mines started fine for the first couple months i had it then it started f'ing up and it does it about once every two months..... right now some shop said its my starter brushes and its covered under warranty... but i have my doubts if its the brushes.....i will let u know how it goes...... 4 now just ride it...... it will eventually go away for a while......... i let u know how it goes like on tuesday if u care to know

94F450SD
04-01-2006, 06:22 AM
ive had it sinde january.it has nothing to do with the starter as it will crank like a mother till the battery dies.

i tried holding it at full throttle thinking it might be flooded,tried with the gas off at full throttle.tried with the gas on and full choke,tried half choke.it dont matter it wont start.only at night though.

flauge
04-01-2006, 07:52 AM
it trying to sleep... ha haa:p

94F450SD
04-01-2006, 07:56 AM
ya well good for it.it doesnt have time to sleep.it needs to be ready for a possible ride this afternnon and a definate ride tomorrow.guess ill go to the shop and kick it,maybe itll start then:D

flauge
04-01-2006, 08:11 AM
No dont kick it man, its saturday, he might be trying to sleep in..:D seriously tho,thats a new one for me, hope you get it figured out:)

fatkid400
04-01-2006, 01:25 PM
How cold out is it? its setting in a nice warm shop all night, then you shove it outside in a cold tempature(remember,400 ex's are very hard to start when there cold)IT sits out ther all day freezing it's pipe off' then you go out a strat kicking it:mad: I would'nt start for ya either:blah: .IT'S COLD MAN:D

94F450SD
04-01-2006, 10:02 PM
during the day its been in the 50s and 60s.at night it sits in the shop at 55 degrees.i put a plug in it and it fired right up.i fouled the plug the other night trying to start it.mine always starts no matter what the temps are but for some reason its been doing this garbage.