View Full Version : moto tune usa?

Honda TRX250ex
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

what do you guys think about him?
I don't really see how his "ways" work.

honda250xrider
03-31-2006, 04:57 PM
have broken in my motor that way for the past two years, works great and i have had zero problems, just make sure the motor is warm up first and rip it up..... I still think the best is to break a motor in during a race i have did this one time and i have to say that i had zero sealing issues and did not have any blow by so i would say his theory stands strong in my book.

antman
03-31-2006, 05:02 PM
i am definately going to give it a try... looks like it works good

Honda TRX250ex
03-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Anyone else tryed it?

underpowered
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM
tried and to great success. Worked awesome. after over a year, i pulled to motor apart to put in a new cam and teh piston showed almost no signs of wear. No scars on the skirt, looked brand new still after almost a year and a half of hard riding.

Honda TRX250ex
03-31-2006, 06:33 PM
So what are excatly did you guys do?

underpowered
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
So what are excatly did you guys do?

I dont understand? we broke it in hard, like mototuneusa suggests. WE did not do the slow, easy break in suggested by the factory.

Honda TRX250ex
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
I dont understand? we broke it in hard, like mototuneusa suggests. WE did not do the slow, easy break in suggested by the factory.
So you full throttle it and basic lightly beat on it?

underpowered
03-31-2006, 08:09 PM
did you even read his method? I rode it easily till it got fully warmed up, then blasted it through the gears up the road, WFO, but not to the rev limiter. I did not "lightly Beat on it", but i did not just beat the Pi** out of it either. i rode it maybe slightly less hard than usuall. i still jumped, palyed and had a blast riding. Breaking it in with the heat cycles is just no fun, atleast with his method, you can actually take it out and ride it when you break it in, not just put around the yard. He actually says the track is a great palce to break one in, because it requires shifting and alot of varied RPM's, which i plan on breaking my next motor in at the track:D