PDA

View Full Version : question

robbins
03-31-2006, 04:07 PM
what would we have to do to get some of you guys to try mx.

I am promoting a race this weekend and i was just wondering.

sspalco
03-31-2006, 05:01 PM
where is the race at?

79400ex
04-01-2006, 09:55 AM
jeff I would race it. But it doesn,t fit into my schedule this weekend. iam racing some place else.

geogeorge
04-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by robbins

I'm a wimp when it comes to big jumps and debules and that stuff. I have tried it and would do it again if there is a wimp class or a class for my woods quad to race in. But I'm a little far away to make it this weekend.

robbins
04-01-2006, 06:54 PM
the race is in troy at the proving grounds

geogeorge
04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
the race is in troy at the proving grounds

I'm in SoCAl.

yfz450xc
04-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Well ,for all my wood friends :D , my boy a born and raised woods racer will be doing his first MX next weekend with Tyler shep at our track at splinter and I myself will be doing Round # 9 June 10th at motomania myself and the boy.
I will be running C class so the robbins brothers dont run me over unless thier little brother runs it also then I am in trouble:D
I am not a Jumper either but if you look at all the GNCC races and even our own MHSC series we are starting see more more jumps in the woods, and on a variety of MX courses as well.
The way I look at it if we can carry a set to go through the woods in 3rd and 4th gear wide open and do a jump uphill roding our speed or in between trees at speeds to fast to adjust then we can handle entry leval MX.
We are just starting to see the rewards of give aways that Tom has so worked hard for and Man Hats off Tom, But the MX side this is nothing new to them.
They have been seeing rewards for a long time and they are growing just as fast.
I am sorry this is so long winded but I know what Jeff and Jason do for the sport of atv racing like many of our own wood racing
people and it is nice to see them to cross over looking at all aspects of ATV racing. That is what could really make ATV'ers' diffrent.
Signed Mr Long Winded Johnson
And for a great show come watch the A leval ATV MX racers ' WOW"
Scott:D

geogeorge
04-01-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm willing to race MX. How about the MX guys coming down and racing March Of Dimes?

I think it would be great for a large group of them to come to that race and for a large group of XC guys to go do MX.

I'm in. once I'm back in Mo that is.

yfz450xc
04-02-2006, 07:20 AM
That is a good idea Geoff , let me see what we can come up with , if nothing else we could have a very large C Class MX.:)
Maybe something in missourri side.

geogeorge
04-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I just wonder who is better at pushing and shoving. the MX guy or the XC guys?

Also in MX do we have a 20 foot rule and will they put a few tree out htere so we feel at home?

yfz450xc
04-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I just wonder who is better at pushing and shoving. the MX guy or the XC guys?

Also in MX do we have a 20 foot rule and will they put a few tree out htere so we feel at home?

I dont know but if I was to have my guess I would have to say the Xcguys push more because we do it for a longer peroid of time and MX guys just want the pass rather than makiong it a long mind game like we do ??

W e might be able to get them to throw a hedge tree out there with the thorns and the big green milk balls.:eek2: :D

Proving gounds there in troy Mo has really steeped up to the plate in ATV MX and really giving alot out also.

moto50
04-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey Scott
Maybe this weekend at SC we can have a woods racer class.

moto50
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Can I fit a 50 inch wide quad thru any of the tracks at the MHSC

Johnny & Monica
04-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by moto50
Can I fit a 50 inch wide quad thru any of the tracks at the MHSC

Maybe the crack of Geoffs Buttt :eek2: But it would be spooky in the woods :rolleyes: If anyone could it would be one of you Robbins brothers , Your both crazy as heck an awesome riders :devil: I`m going to try to get my kids to a few of your racces this year :D

moto50
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Do any of the mhsc race courses have a mx section to them?
I know kahoka's usually goes on his mx track.

Johnny & Monica
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
The Ia. xc this weekend did at indianola sun. An sat. they raced mx quads with nate frees winning it an Merrel Cross finishing 3rd I believe . over 200 quads showed up .

Oct 7 in mt. montezuma Ia. they`ll have mx sat with xc sun

moto50
04-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Is there a website for this race

Johnny & Monica
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I dont know if it`ll say much .But look on the www.iatvhss.com web site home page Theres a list of schedule`s

geogeorge
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Maybe the crack of Geoffs Buttt :eek2: But it would be spooky in the woods :rolleyes: If anyone could it would be one of you Robbins brothers , Your both crazy as heck an awesome riders :devil: I`m going to try to get my kids to a few of your racces this year :D

Johnny did you think of that one on your own or did you have help? :D

Well have to go get a smoke.........would you like one Johnny. :devil:

yfz450xc
04-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I would have to say that the Park hills race would be the widest of the bunch but even the GNCC"S are getting wider now, what about some off set wheels Jason or flipping them around ?

moto50
04-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
I would have to say that the Park hills race would be the widest of the bunch but even the GNCC"S are getting wider now, what about some off set wheels Jason or flipping them around ?

My front wheels are 4-1 offset and I am at 49".
If I put my stock front wheels on for a hs I will be a little wider. but I wouldn't expect to be going too fast, I just want to fit between the trees.

ml450r
04-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I have been thinking about running a woods race sometime this year. I was going to run the one at Kahoka(6 hour race) because mike said a 50" bike would fit through everything. Where is the March of Dimes race at?
Merrill Crose

watts16
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ml450r
I have been thinking about running a woods race sometime this year. I was going to run the one at Kahoka(6 hour race) because mike said a 50" bike would fit through everything. Where is the March of Dimes race at?
Merrill Crose

The March of Dimes Race is in Park Hills, MO

moto50
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I am deffinately gonna run the 6 hour race at Kahoka

Johnny & Monica
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
The Missouri hare scramble race is May 13 at Kahoka. They run for an hour and a half. It would be good practice for the 6 hour race too. Park Hills March of Dimes race is July 16th and any money collected for the cause pays towards your entry fee.

bjones
04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ml450r
Merrill Crose

Merril I,m member of MoDirt the club that lays out and promotes the March of Dimes and a 50" quad will fit throuh 96 percent of the course but the other 4 percent is really gonna be tight for a quad that wide. Bryan Jones

yfz450xc
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Well bryon tell the powers to be to go another 2 " or so and tell them they would get more riders possibly, I know none of us would complain that is for sure.
But you are right they only throw in 1-2 sections that are tight and the rest is ok.
kahoka , Mike is pretty accurate there about width and he is real good about trying to take care of quads as well as bikes, he is probably the only promoter/land owner that dont discreminate.

04-05-2006, 09:11 AM

gimme wider a-arms/axle and mx setup shocks :blah:

id like to try mx, just my bike is not setup for it what so ever

yfz450xc
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
gimme wider a-arms/axle and mx setup shocks :blah:

id like to try mx, just my bike is not setup for it what so ever

Yurik there are all kinds of tracks on your side I have the the same delima , but if we note where we have our shocks set and stiffen them with some advice form our MX people we should be able to go right back where we left off at in adjustments.
At least this is what I am thinking.