PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick plz!!

FoxMxRiders
03-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I have done this mod http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222288

and this day,the temp was around 60F and the past week around 32F.

I run it this winter and that is normal that the bike was longer to be hot.Temp around -4F

I start the bike (neutral),all run good,let it idle,after 45sec,the motor was hot a the touch then I blitz the throttle fews time,let idle and rev it.After like 2min,I shut it.

I touch my motor and it was hot,my slipon was hot (not to burn but hot at the touch).

My bike was on neutral.

Do you think that the mods (headpipe) I have done can make my bike run hotter??

Here my mods :
Uni filter without the lid
Dynojet kit (dj170)
Yosh Slipon
And the headpipe mod

Oil : Hipertech 0w40 oil at the top of the dipstick

Do you think that the temp raise so quickly?? I think that is ok but want to make sure!!

Thanks

premiumtommy
03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
ok first of all...do you even know why you did the mod?

all you did was allow more hot gases to enter the pipe and then have to be squished to fit the smaller pipe therefore increasing exhaust flow..which in theory would give you maybe a half a horsepower..and thats pushing it..

so yes this mod should increase exhaust temps or else there would be no reason to even do the mod...

04'400ex'er
04-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by premiumtommy
ok first of all...do you even know why you did the mod?

so yes this mod should increase exhaust temps or else there would be no reason to even do the mod...
I think the purpose he had in mind was increaseing the exhaust flow...not the exhaust temp. And I dont think that that mod alone would increase the temp of the motor enough to notice it.

jordan_m6
04-02-2006, 07:53 AM
thats what happens to a motor. small explosions (basicly what is happening) make heat. the more air/fuel mix you get in the motor the more heat its going to make. expecially since we have an air cooled bike. it would have been different if your header started to glow in the short period of time you were running.

i think you have no problem but i would make sure you keep an eye on you temps when summer comes around.

Buffalo400
04-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I already done this mod without problem. So, unscrew your fuel screw a little.....