PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous on a 440ex...

Jekyl_22
07-28-2002, 10:56 PM
My dad and I were at the local fair a few days ago and a Trailer with all kinds of NOS stuff was there. We ended up buying NOS for my 440ex. We are going to set it up on Wednesday, and I was just wondering if any of you have done this before and what kind of power to expect when I hit it. We plan on building my little tool kit holder into a holder for the Nitrous Bottle so that nobody knows I have it. I can't wait to drag race at Sandfest this weekend!!!

Castor-426ex
07-28-2002, 10:58 PM
well say goodbye to youre reliability:D

jk goodluck and dont Taco

mysticfalcon
07-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Sounds cool let us know how it works and what you spent on teh kit. a buddy of mine ( crazy canadian ) was looking into it but he decided on a-arms and shocks instead

Breyon55
07-28-2002, 11:41 PM
What brand of Nitrous kit did you buy...NX, NOS, Edelbrock? The kit you bought should have the correct size jets so you dont over due it..if you have the right combo you can use NOS all day long. And dont be greedy with it either...the people who get greedy with it are the ones that end up blowing up motors. What size bottle did they give you...the tool kit seems pretty small for a NOS bottle. If the bottle does fit in there its probably good for about a minute and a half. And what are you gonna use to activate the solenoid? push button or WOT(wide open throttle)? I just finished my 66 chevelle about 3 weeks ago and I am running a Gemini 2 stage plate system with a NOS progressive controller. So far on the first stage the car has ran a 8.15@165 on a 10.5 slick....and yes this is the 1/4 mile not the 8th mile...and we still have 1 stage left.....

NEVER use a torch to heat the bottle...get a bottle warmer or some warm water....a bottle explosion will kill you
If you plan on refilling the bottle and you have room in the freezer...put it in there for about 5 hrs.......we get 11 lbs in a 10lb bottle and its safe
And when you gonna squeeze at the races purge the system.....arm the NOS and when your in 3rd gear ativate the solenoid 3-4 times by giving it full throttle( wot switch ) or pushing the button............this is just my 2 cents on it..have fun!!

honda250
07-29-2002, 06:55 AM
dude your screwed. Of your gonna use NOS u need to have a setting fore when it somes on and to manually turnit it on and off. Plus youll spend a lot of $$$ for the nitrous.

Punk13rym
07-29-2002, 08:36 AM
i don't think that nitrous is that expensive its just the bottle that contains it thats expensive. right?

ryanh250ex
07-29-2002, 09:35 AM
i cant stand NOS. i believe in the saying "all throttle, no bottle". there is no replcement for displacement.

Sparks425Ex
07-29-2002, 09:39 AM
That is gonna be sweet. How much did you pay for the hole thing? ANd where did you get it? Post some pictures when you get everything set up.

nakomis0
07-29-2002, 09:42 AM
Ya I wouldn't use more than a 10hp shot, maybe 15hp. Like posted before don't get greedy. You also might want to set your bike to run a little more on the rich side, as far as jetting goes.

And let us know how the installation went, and how she runs with it. The price of the kit, and who you bought it from would be nice too.:)

Breyon55
07-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by honda250
dude your screwed. Of your gonna use NOS u need to have a setting fore when it somes on and to manually turnit it on and off. Plus youll spend a lot of $$$ for the nitrous.

hows he gonna be screwed? all he has to do is have a switch that arms the solenoid and a switch that activates it.and Nos is only 2.85 a lb...so its gona be about 3 bucks to fill his bottle

UglyMotha™
07-29-2002, 11:58 AM
geeeezzee didn't any of you guys ever watch the fast and the fartcans, you're pronouncing it all wrong:rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
07-29-2002, 12:00 PM
nobody calls it NOS

True rider
07-29-2002, 01:03 PM
LMAO!!!!! Didnt you guys ever read the 770 raptor w/nos. They seemed to have no probs wit it. My friends brother has a bombardier with nos (10 shot) and seems to have no prob with it,
the only thing is the valves, and the intake I guess you would have to worry about all that stuff going. Just my opinion.