PDA

View Full Version : help with my bike

rebelex300
03-30-2006, 10:33 PM
i just bought a 1991 rm 125 for $200 bucks. it has new tires, fmf gold series pipe and silencer, renthal sprockets, renthal bars, new grips, new top end and bottom, but no chain oh and new fork seals. over all its not bad looking. however when i kick it over and let it warm up when i rev it up past 1/2 throttle it starts to bog down and wants to shut off. the kid i bought it off of thinks the powervalve is bad or something. i have no clue right now. i thought it could be the jetting but 5 years ago it ran great(that was the last time it was ran then it started acting up on the kid and he put it away)i cleaned the plug on the bike and sprayed some starting fluid in the air box and the first kick it fired right up and revved at full throttle then idled down to normal. it starts up fine but when you want to crack the throttle open it starts to bog down. any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

Night-rider
03-31-2006, 04:55 AM
take the jets out and make sure there is nothing in the holes ,,hope u got the old gas out and put some new gas in it ,,,then i would take a look at the choke make sure that it is opening all the way,,

flying dutchman
03-31-2006, 06:20 AM
also take a look on the stator i could have come of and turned a little

rebelex300
03-31-2006, 07:41 PM
rode the bike today still runs funny. 1-3 gear it boggs when i rev it past 1/2 throttle then when im in 4-6 it will run fine. i cleaned the carb out and checked the jetting. 310 main jet, 4 turns out on the air screw, stock pilot i think. forgot to check the clip position on the needle. i t seems to be running better the more i ride it tho. the bike is dripping carbon out of the silencer..i mean really dripping. does anyone know what the stock jetting is for this bike... ive been searching for 2 hours on here and cant find anything. you guys on here know your stuff so thats why im asking you guys.

Iliketogofast
04-01-2006, 12:32 PM
...310 main jet??

Iliketogofast
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
My 250R bogs when it is revved high in 1st and 2nd too. Not third though.