PDA

View Full Version : jetting

dodgeram14jr
03-30-2006, 07:20 PM
What jet to use with a White bros.Aluminum pro full exhaust. My motor is completly stock. Will it hurt the motor to run it the way it is jetted and see how it runs?

jeremy_283
03-30-2006, 07:33 PM
it will most likely run lean but u can ride it but i would at least up your main if anything........ better wait for more help tho on the size cuz all i got is a ex

rooster300ex
03-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Call White Bros.

jeremy_283
03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
search the fourms ......... just remember dont worry about the brand of the pipe...(all pipes are the same.... they just differ by one to two hp)

premiumtommy
03-30-2006, 10:55 PM
run your bike to WOT..(this wont hurt it)

as you get to WOT see if anypart of the powercurve has hessitation, sputtering or doesnt feel right.

when you get to WOT hit the kill switch and come to a stop. DO NOT START BIKE BACK UP

remove the spark plug and see if the color looks right.. clean it

do this WOT one more time to check the color again..

if need be, change main jet..

if the plug looks alittle white, up the main jet size.. if it looks too black, decrease the main jet size..

it isnt hard to change the jet so if you need to go one size and check it, etc...it isnt to much of a pain in the arse..

i recommend removing the airbox lid before doing this so at least you have it jetted right w/ the lid off...

good luck

dodgeram14jr
03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Ok so I put the exhaust on and it seems to run fine. I mean I just putted around and jumped on it one time. I wanna pull the plug tomarrow.

dodgeram14jr
04-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Ok i cleaned the plug and did the test and the plug showed it was clean. I had the air box lid on and I did the test two times. so am I ok to ride?

ohsobad_chevy
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM
What color did your plug turn out to be. I am sure you knew this, but you should look at the insulator (white) part of the plug. It should be a light tan color. Let us know.

dodgeram14jr
04-01-2006, 02:20 PM
it stayed black

GPracer2500
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Make sure you're looking at the cermaic part inside the spark plug that is surrounded by the threads when checking for color. That is the part that changes color and provides an indication of jetting--the threads will almost always remain blackish. That part of the plug tells you nothing.