PDA

View Full Version : Parking Break Block-off

One_Bad_400
07-28-2002, 09:26 PM
when i bought my 400 the parking-break was already block off, it doesn't work, but i want it to, how do i remove the block-off???

i don't even see what the point in the block off is, why would you not want to have a parking break, it is VERY annoying when i need to stop on a hill, and there is nothing to stop it from rolling

mysticfalcon
07-28-2002, 09:45 PM
trust me you dont want a parking brake all it does is eat brake pads. when i forst got my quad a set of rear brakes would last about 15 hr of riding but since i got my block off in april im still on the same pads.

Nausty
07-28-2002, 10:07 PM
i'm getting a pb block off mainly just to get rid of the mumbo jumbo to make it lighter, easier to clean and work on. I'm not to worried about not having it because the thing never works anyways unless I want to adjust it every ride. And if its brake pads i'm not to worried because I never really get on my rear brakes like I do on the fronts.

Sportrax10
07-28-2002, 10:24 PM
keep the parking brake block off! when u wanna stop on hills put it in gear, parking brakes have NO use! :cool:

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-29-2002, 12:05 AM
If you decide to still put it back on I have a brand new parking brake assembly, and cable off my 3 week old 2002 400ex..if you want to buy it let me know, RiPPiNiTuP07@aol.com.