PDA

View Full Version : Mx Setup...

red4r
03-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Would this be a decent setup for mx.. +2 arms,rebuilt front and back shocks and lsr axle do u guys think that will ride prettty good for mx im no pro but i race amature at my local tracks...thanks

also does anyone no were i can get a set of standard travel a arms of decent quality for under 400?

motox450r
03-30-2006, 06:58 PM
you might want to rethink that lsr axle. they are good axle's but my son and i were riding last weekend and i was hitting everything he hit and he came up with a bent axle. i'm on my rpm. i also bent my lsr when coming up alittle short on a double and i didn't even hit hard. that was on another bike. and our bikes are all aftermarket too. his axle looks like it's diameter could be alittle bigger than my rpm. i have also landed on one rear a few times with no bends. good luck

wvspeedfreak
03-30-2006, 06:59 PM
It should be fine.That is the exact same setup I am going with.

blakefoote
03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
It should be fine.That is the exact same setup I am going with.

what class rider are you...I have the same setup and im a C class rider in the nationals and a AM class rider local....

wvspeedfreak
03-31-2006, 05:06 AM
I don't race.I am just a trail rider that likes to hit mx tracks for fun.:)

GIXXER1KR
03-31-2006, 06:34 AM
I have the LSR and went with the nickel Burgards from Hellbound racing on Ebay for $390 shipped.Very nice arms and i already wacked a tree and got caught on a huge tree root.I though for sure my thumb was broke and definatley though the a arm was gonna be bent.But it is mint.Nice fit and finish!!!And for the price you cant go wrong!

red4r
03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
wat im looking to get out of this setup is just a smoother ride better handleing and maybe a little softer landings...u think this setup will do it? and are the burgard arms anygood..and for the axle lsr or rpm