PDA

View Full Version : Tips on taking pics?

fast_enough
03-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Well we went riding today, and my camera doesnt seem to want to take pics that great. Its a polaroid PDC 5080 if that helps, but on pics where im in the air, or im in 2nd gear and up, it wants to blur the pics. I cant find a setting on it to help that out. So if anyone can help I appreciate it alot. Heres what most the pics look like.

Rip_Tear
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
You might not be able to fix the problem, some digital camera's cannot take the picture fast enough(it's the delay). Try down grading the quality of the pic on the camera and see if it helps?

XCAdam89
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
You might need to up your shutter speed. (ISO) on my camera anyways. It's the measure of how quickly the lens takes the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

XxXsupa-flyXxX
03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
in my photography class when took picture of people drivn cars where u could see there face and it wouldnt blury.. just will the object if movin follow it with the camera then take the picture when it gets to where u want it to be

Jonesy
03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I have the same problem when the object (quad) is going parallel to me. The best way I have found to get a clear picture of the rider/quad is to follow the action and try to match the speed of the motion. This will blur the background but will give you a clear pic of the rider.

I have tried messing with my manual settings (konica minolta z20) but I found that once I got a clear pic the shutter wasn't open long enough to let enough light in, so all the pics were very dark.

Jonesy

XxXsupa-flyXxX
03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
yeah the shutter speed does that and its the amount of light that the film wil get in it.. if you have a low shutter speed alot of light wil get in

fast_enough
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
You might need to up your shutter speed. (ISO) on my camera anyways. It's the measure of how quickly the lens takes the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats what that is, I have it set on Auto, but I'll try turning it up to like 800, does this affect how other pics turn out?

JOEX
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Following the subject with the camera helps me a great deal. Don't stop when you hit the button either, especially with a digital camera. You need to compensate for the delay.

I took this one with a basic point and shoot Kodak digital 3.1MP. My timing was off but the subject is fairly clear compared to the surroundings.

XCAdam89
03-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by fast_enough
Thats what that is, I have it set on Auto, but I'll try turning it up to like 800, does this affect how other pics turn out?

If your just taking normal pictures of your family and still lifes, then if you have a shaky-hand it might blur the pics, so turn it up for Movement, and down for still objects.

Pappy
03-31-2006, 06:24 AM
film speed of 400 to 800

if you have an action setting, try using that (camera will operate at the fastest allowable shutter speed for teh available light)

"Pan" ....follow your subject with your camera, press the shutter buttion and continue to "follow" the subject after you press the button.

AZblaster44
03-31-2006, 08:29 AM
ALso on most digi cams if you press the button down half way it will focus then Pan with the rider and press the button down the rest of the way... this is how I do it and MOST of my pictures turn out clear:)

Chino
03-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Im getting better at doing it :devil: :devil: