PDA

View Full Version : more important?

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
buying a car for the first time or buying a suspension kit for my 400.

ballisticpb
03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
you gotta get to work so you can afford to play..
go with the car

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
i work on my dads farm. i want a suspension kit but i even want a car more but its gonna take me at least two years to get the money for a car and one year to get the kit.unless i buy a used car and pay monthly payments or something like that but i dont know what do people do in these situations cus i'm stumped.btw i make $3410 a year if i can get my dad to bump my hourly wage up to $7 then i'll make around $4000.

revikan
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Car, you cant take your girl to eat on a quad

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
i'm single btw and probably always.

revikan
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
that isnt the spirit, you wont get a girl that way

FourFiftyFour
03-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by revikan
that isnt the spirit, you wont get a girl that way

blah! he doesnt need a girlfriend anyways... stay single its better for ya!

so he does have the right mindset!

If you have no way of getting around...I would probably buy the car first.

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
this will probably seem real funny to u guys but i kind of want a girlfriend it bugs the crap out of me badly i just want somebody to respect me for who i am.from the outside every girl that i ever talk to hates me or has a problem with me. from the inside im a loving and caring type of guy i respect women for who they r im not afraid to tell a girl how i really feel about her.i'm sorry for being off topic but thats something that i take to the heart.

miller821
03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
this will probably seem real funny to u guys but i kind of want a girlfriend it bugs the crap out of me badly i just want somebody to respect me for who i am.from the outside every girl that i ever talk to hates me or has a problem with me. from the inside im a loving and caring type of guy i respect women for who they r im not afraid to tell a girl how i really feel about her.i'm sorry for being off topic but thats something that i take to the heart.
Nah man you don't need a girl, cause then you'll never get a car or suspension. Whats your hours, and how old are you? Do you go to school? If you don't work a lot a day, maybe think about a part time job somewhere.

coolex
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM

no disrespect bashing or ne thing but are u the 21 year old that your parents wont let u have a girl freind or something

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
no im 20, from spring to fall i work 310 hours making $5 an hour but i want to talk to my dad to see if i can raise that to $7 an hour
maybe when i have a car and everything else then i'll worry about girls.this has to be the hardest choice i have ever made before.

coolex
03-30-2006, 06:42 PM
get a car

XCRACER26
03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
get the shocks, then the car. my quad is way more important the any car truck or female.

Honda TRX250ex
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
blah! he doesnt need a girlfriend anyways... stay single its better for ya!

so he does have the right mindset!

If you have no way of getting around...I would probably buy the car first.
:eek: You are one smart woman!
will you marry me! j/k:p

Ralph
03-30-2006, 06:57 PM
where are you located? 5 an hour is nothing. thats not even legal in NJ. at your age you should be getting much more. Get a car, a new job, and meet some people. There is more outside the fences of your farm. Go explore it.

Hondadudeehhhh
03-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
where are you located? 5 an hour is nothing. thats not even legal in NJ. at your age you should be getting much more. Get a car, a new job, and meet some people. There is more outside the fences of your farm. Go explore it.

i agree with Ralph. Dude are you going to college or anything? Do you have any future plans?

Honda#4
03-30-2006, 07:54 PM
northeast region of wisconsin.i dont know if u see it im in a loop hole i cant get a car without money and i cant find a different job without a car.if i got more than $5 an hour i would run my dad out of money.i dont plan on going to college but i wouldnt mine trying it once.what do u mean by future plans.

Ralph
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
do u plan to get a job besides working on a farm. Do u plan to get any other education? Do you want to be living on a farm your whole life or are you interested in traveling to other parts of the country?

FourFiftyFour
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
stayyyyyy single u dont need to want someone...seriously relationships are nothing but trouble and heartache and uneeded stress...all the other person will end up doing is screwing you over and making you feel like total crap and in the end it is TOTALLY not worth it!!!!!! Being single is like the coolest thing ever

Ralph
03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
stayyyyyy single u dont need to want someone...seriously relationships are nothing but trouble and heartache and uneeded stress...all the other person will end up doing is screwing you over and making you feel like total crap and in the end it is TOTALLY not worth it!!!!!! Being single is like the coolest thing ever

but it doesnt hurt to go out and meet some girls in ur life

FourFiftyFour
03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
but it doesnt hurt to go out and meet some girls in ur life

blahh! i guess im the only weird anti-relationship and anti-dating person around anymore lol

DieselBoy
03-30-2006, 09:56 PM

I disagree. Not all relationships are meanlingless headaches...
Being single is fine, but having a girlfriend can be a very positive thing.

Staying single isn't the answer.

Honda#4
03-31-2006, 07:48 AM
yea i'd like to move somewhere else and have a different job some time. i'd like to go to school for small engines or drafting i like doing that ive done that since i was 10 or 12. Cdalechick have u ever had a boyfriend before, the way u talk about being single all the time it's like you have been hurt by a guy or something ,one day in your life it will jump up and bite u in the butt.

MR.BIG
03-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Get a cheap car or truck first. Relationships aren't bad at all it just depends on who you are with. It seems c-dale chick has had a bad relationship in the past.

awsomeaussies
03-31-2006, 11:07 AM
blahh! i guess im the only weird anti-relationship and anti-dating person around anymore lol

Hey, I'm with you! I'm 20 and all my friends and family(ecspecially my mom) nages me to get a boyfriend:rolleyes: I'm not looking for one anytime soon:blah: Seems like to much of a headache and a hassle.

Honda#4
03-31-2006, 12:08 PM
i'm not really into cheap stuff i want something that looks nice and is reliable and afordable,seems like every time i buy a cheap thing it always brakes thats why i cant stand cheap crap.i dont think having a girlfriend is such a headache everybody just has to find the perfect person for themselves and in between all that there r times when stuff doesnt go as planned and in times hard for people.

fursheddy
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
DUDE,

You have to go out and meet some girls. I see this crap all the time, since I live in the midwest where everybody farms. These guys are so bashful that they can't talk to girls, are always virgins, never been out of the county type of guys. Then, they'll finally meet some girl with a bunch of kids, no good job, down and out. She'll spread her legs, then the guy will be instantly in love with the used up woman, because he doesn't know what a good piece of *** is!

Get out, borrow a car if you have to. Don't get trapped in the scenario stated above. Don't get used.

PismoLocal
03-31-2006, 01:26 PM
First buy a car, then get a job that you like that pays better then $5 an hour, then start going to school. If there is a JC any where near you you have plenty of opportunity to get a good career. most jobs only require a couple of semesters in classes related to the field to get started. Most of my buddies went to the local JC here right out of highschool and all make decent money now. And once you get back in school there will be plenty of girls for you to choose from. :cool:

red2004 TRX450R
03-31-2006, 01:38 PM
i'm not really into cheap stuff i want something that looks nice and is reliable and afordable,seems like every time i buy a cheap thing it always brakes thats why i cant stand cheap crap.i dont think having a girlfriend is such a headache everybody just has to find the perfect person for themselves and in between all that there r times when stuff doesnt go as planned and in times hard for people.

all you can afford is cheap!!
99% of people never find the "perfect person". we are human not gods.

get a car and get a job then get a gal with lost of money !!

MR.BIG
03-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by fursheddy
DUDE,

You have to go out and meet some girls. I see this crap all the time, since I live in the midwest where everybody farms. These guys are so bashful that they can't talk to girls, are always virgins, never been out of the county type of guys. Then, they'll finally meet some girl with a bunch of kids, no good job, down and out. She'll spread her legs, then the guy will be instantly in love with the used up woman, because he doesn't know what a good piece of *** is!

Get out, borrow a car if you have to. Don't get trapped in the scenario stated above. Don't get used.

Now that's some funny $hit but it's true.

ak_stick
03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
dude, unless your happy in the farming life, did you ever give much of a thought to joining the army?

You'll get decent pay (like 23K starting) free food, lodging, schooling in the MOS of your choice, and most likely a signing bonus or college money. You'll get to go to a bunch of different states and countries, and get out and see the world. Think about it.

Or buy quad parts and be 20 living at home on a farm. Your choice.

Honda#4
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
no thats one thing i will not do i'm not gonna risk my life just to have free stuff like that i'm happy now that i make alittle more money than i use to.i rather make $5 an hour than be in the ground for the rest of my life.my buddy joined the army the last time i talked to him was in december 05 then he had 3 months before he came back to the states.

03-31-2006, 05:29 PM
If I were you, Id be in the Army in a second. $5 a hour is a joke. From what I read here and the other thread that ZeroLogic made you dont get out much at all. If I was 20 years old I wouldnt be on a farm all day living at my parents house.

Honda#4
03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
yea i dont get out much havent really talked to any of my classmates in a year actually make that anybody,farming makes me really busy and active i can lose more weight in one day working than a person could loose in 6 months not that anybody cares.

fursheddy
03-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Are you heavy set? That post makes me think that, and that would explain why you don't think girls would look at you as boyfriend material.

Maybe you have your standards set a little too high. Sorry to say it, but MOST hot chicks wouldn't even consider going out with a heavy guy, cause they don't look at the inside at first. There has to be a physical attraction for it to work, unless you are hung like a Shetland Pony, and in that case show that sucker off. There is a guy in my hometown that is fat, ugly, dont have the best hygeine and all, but he always has a beautiful girl with him. It is rumored that he can drag 11 silver dollars of a table with his peter, and he spins the twelveth one.

So, anything is possible.

fursheddy
03-31-2006, 06:21 PM
BTW, how many acres do you farm to be so busy? Any farmhand around here gets at least $10 an hour, but most everyone farms at least 1000 acres.

miller821
03-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ak_stick
dude, unless your happy in the farming life, did you ever give much of a thought to joining the army?

You'll get decent pay (like 23K starting) free food, lodging, schooling in the MOS of your choice, and most likely a signing bonus or college money. You'll get to go to a bunch of different states and countries, and get out and see the world. Think about it.

Or buy quad parts and be 20 living at home on a farm. Your choice.
Heck ya man, consider any time of miltary training. Be in the air force, national guard, coast guard, marines, army, navy. All good jobs, I know i'm going into the air force after i'm out of High School. If you don't wanna risk your life, just be in the reserves. Ya you could be called, but most likely you won't unless theres a WW3. And if you in the air force, you don't even get close to the action. Your usually bordering the country your attacking, its the army and marines who are frontline.

Honda#4
03-31-2006, 07:19 PM
no i'm not fat or ugly i'm only 150lbs,we farm 1,000 acres so ya i'm busy, some days i put in 15 hours straight and for those 15 hours i dont eat one thing but i do kind of drink mountain dews alot 2 to 6 24oz bottles.

FourFiftyFour
04-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Cdalechick have u ever had a boyfriend before, the way u talk about being single all the time it's like you have been hurt by a guy or something ,one day in your life it will jump up and bite u in the butt.

I have been there with the whole dating scene...from relationships that lasted over a yr and a half to just a week long thing.... they arent worth it... all you ask for is to get SCREWED over or just a bunch of stress. Or the best scenario, out of all your group of friends, you are the only single one and they dont give u the time of day bc they are with their worthless significant others. Either way its all BS, so to want to get involved with someone you are just asking for emotional suicide. And no Im sorry but it wont bite me in the butt for not wanting a relationship...what bit me in the butt was being like everyone else and wanting a relationship. So I think you got it the other way around buddy :D

FourFiftyFour
04-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
Hey, I'm with you! I'm 20 and all my friends and family(ecspecially my mom) nages me to get a boyfriend:rolleyes: I'm not looking for one anytime soon:blah: Seems like to much of a headache and a hassle.

exactly! see? we girls have to stick together so guys cant screw us over hahaha

:p

jcv400ex
04-01-2006, 04:59 AM
exactly! see? we girls have to stick together so guys cant screw us over hahaha

:p

You just haven't met the right guy! :p

MOFO
04-01-2006, 05:25 AM
I have been there with the whole dating scene...from relationships that lasted over a yr and a half to just a week long thing.... they arent worth it... all you ask for is to get SCREWED over or just a bunch of stress. Or the best scenario, out of all your group of friends, you are the only single one and they dont give u the time of day bc they are with their worthless significant others. Either way its all BS, so to want to get involved with someone you are just asking for emotional suicide. And no Im sorry but it wont bite me in the butt for not wanting a relationship...what bit me in the butt was being like everyone else and wanting a relationship. So I think you got it the other way around buddy :D

Thats your problem - as well as everyone else. You should not be "looking for a relationship" or force a relationship because you just want one. It will happen naturally when you find the right person.

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 06:58 AM
im not a guy that would hurt a womens feelings i treat a girl just like i want to be treated, cdalechick if u met me u would take back all that stuff u wrote.i'm a person that would be there for a girl.some times u just have to let your emotions out.

Ralph
04-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You just haven't met the right guy! :p

Judging by your enthusiasm it sounds like you've found the perfect man. Congrats!!!:D

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 10:17 AM
yea i would be the perfect husband for a girl i'd give her everything and anything she ever wanted in life ,it sickins me when i see men slap there wifes for no reason or getting into a big fights.i know this sounds retard from a kid that makes $5 an hour makes me embarassed.

MR.BIG
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Why don't you try one of those dating sites. Try lava life!

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 11:48 AM
i would but u have to pay to do that stuff aleast on yahoo u do i dont know about the other sites.

Ralph
04-01-2006, 02:32 PM
just leave the house dude

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
so u want me to walk lol.

04-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Do u have ur drivers license?

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
yup.

04-01-2006, 03:30 PM
When ur parents fall asleep, take their car n go to a party. Get a few drinks in u to loosen up then start talking to girls.

Hon300ex
04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, saying that no girl would want you. Have some hope. You live on a farm so you don't meet many girls. Theres nothing wrong with that. There are many benifets about living there. You seem happy with what you are doing which is great but its time for a change and your parents have to understand.

I would save for a car. I would then get a new job and try to find a girl. Just go out and try to meet some. Its not that easy, but you have to have a start. Your not going to get very far only making $5. Good luck!!!

Hon300ex
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
When ur parents fall asleep, take their car n go to a party. Get a few drinks in u to loosen up then start talking to girls.

haha thats a bad idea, but it could actually work. i wouldnt recommend it.

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 03:43 PM
if i can get my dad to up my rate to $7 that wont be that bad did i mention that he gives me $25 everytime we clean the barn i have $175 coming this month.so i figured it out like this $175 times 12 months would be $2100 a year plus $7 and hour times 310 hours would be $2170 so i would make $4270 a year thats if i can get a higher rate.thinkin about girls is the only hope i have left.

Stevie-D
04-01-2006, 03:51 PM
:huh

at least save up for a week or however long it'll take you and hit the titty bar for the night

:devil:

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 03:56 PM
thats funny lol.

ak_stick
04-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Heck ya man, consider any time of miltary training. Be in the air force, national guard, coast guard, marines, army, navy. All good jobs, I know i'm going into the air force after i'm out of High School. If you don't wanna risk your life, just be in the reserves. Ya you could be called, but most likely you won't unless theres a WW3. And if you in the air force, you don't even get close to the action. Your usually bordering the country your attacking, its the army and marines who are frontline.

Dude, who fed you that line of junk?. Its all cool that you want to be in the AF, but that advice couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Reserves and NG are getting deployed more than active duty right now.

Dude, 5 an hour is sad, you'll never get off the farm at that rate. If your serious about getting off the farm and getting a car or some suspension for your quad, you gotta get serious about a job first. If the military isn't for you, thats fine, but I'd start looking for somthing else real quick or your gonna be too old to get a decent starting job. Not trying to jab at you, but I'm making in a month almost what you make in a year, and I get crappy pay.

Honda#4
04-01-2006, 05:56 PM
i live in wisconsin what i'm suppose to say if there was a decent quad shop which there is none i'd like to work at one of those but there aint aleast that i know of but i could be wrong.

ak_stick
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
well then your stuck dude, either you need a raise to a decent wage. A new job, or stay where your at.

miller821
04-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Dude, who fed you that line of junk?. Its all cool that you want to be in the AF, but that advice couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Reserves and NG are getting deployed more than active duty right now.

Dude, 5 an hour is sad, you'll never get off the farm at that rate. If your serious about getting off the farm and getting a car or some suspension for your quad, you gotta get serious about a job first. If the military isn't for you, thats fine, but I'd start looking for somthing else real quick or your gonna be too old to get a decent starting job. Not trying to jab at you, but I'm making in a month almost what you make in a year, and I get crappy pay.

:huh My dad's been in the AF for over 20 years and in the reserves for at least 10. The only time he was supposed to be deployed, he was on his way up to the base going the back way, and the cops set up a barricade to get him, but they set it up the main way. So he got out of it. But had he of been deployed, he still would of just stayed in the states, for one year. He would of been at Scott Air Force Base for one year, thats not bad. Its better than active duty, is what i'm saying.

ak_stick
04-01-2006, 06:06 PM
ok dude, the service you dad was in, is nothing like today.

Iraq, is sucking up all the free units we have. There are record numbers or guard and reserve units going over there. Trust me, I'm Army National Guard, I'm deployed, I've been here for almost 8 months now. Guard and Reserve units are going more than active duty right now. So its not safer, infact is most often safer to be active duty, because in a lot of jobs you know your job better.

The Airforce your father served in is dead, its been reborn, and reshaped.

miller821
04-01-2006, 06:06 PM

Did you read what I said the first time anyways:huh ??? More than likely you wouldn't be in Iraq if you got called to Iraq. You would be on the outside of it. My dad told me that the only death they had from the Scott Air Force Base, wasn't even war related. A fireman had all his gear on and a lady drove into a river, or creek, and the guy jumped in after her and just sank with all his gear on. So really I don't think its as dangerous as marines or army.

ak_stick
04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
dude, do you want a photo of all the airforce personel that I've given flights around my base in northern iraq? there are airforce people all over this damn country, in a month, my best friend is going to another FOB north of bagdad, his mos? carpenter in the airforce. How about the airforce personell I eat chow with once a week? The SP's with thier dogs? or how about the civil engineers? You dont have to agree with me, but dont argue with a guy in Iraq, about how Iraq works unless you've been here. You just dont know dude.

The airforce looses people too, planes crash, humvee's hit IED's and mortars land on FOBs around the country daily. There is no safe place in Iraq.

miller821
04-01-2006, 06:15 PM
dude, do you want a photo of all the airforce personel that I've given flights around my base in northern iraq? there are airforce people all over this damn country, in a month, my best friend is going to another FOB north of bagdad, his mos? carpenter in the airforce. How about the airforce personell I eat chow with once a week? The SP's with thier dogs? or how about the civil engineers? You dont have to agree with me, but dont argue with a guy in Iraq, about how Iraq works unless you've been here. You just dont know dude.

The airforce looses people too, planes crash, humvee's hit IED's and mortars land on FOBs around the country daily. There is no safe place in Iraq.
Oh ya, I know they lose lives also, I'll agree with you on that. But you gotta admit air force is safer than marines or army. But both still dangerous. I applaud you for what you doing over there now, and thank you. But my dad still is in the reserves. He ain't retired yet, and probably for another couple years.

ak_stick
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Not realy, statisticly the army and marines are safer because they have more people, the airforce just doesnt have as many over here hence you dont see it as much, but they loose right about the same percentage of people.

Here's a pic from today's adventure, check whats flying at the lens of the camera

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/ak_stick/April172.jpg

Joe400ex
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
get a car. That car will make u money to buy ur suspension.IMO

miller821
04-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Not realy, statisticly the army and marines are safer because they have more people, the airforce just doesnt have as many over here hence you dont see it as much, but they loose right about the same percentage of people.

Here's a pic from today's adventure, check whats flying at the lens of the camera

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/ak_stick/April172.jpg
Awesome pic... What I said earlier is what my dad said, but its probably just whats going on in his base.... My bros. stationed in Lackland right now for tech, and hopefully i'll be joining him in 3 years in basic. :blah:

Honda#4
04-02-2006, 09:29 AM
what do u guys think would be a decent wage for me,im a hard worker and i'm willing to work 24 hours a day i can basically drive any tractor or large equipment there is.just to give alittle background of my self.

Ralph
04-02-2006, 09:52 AM
i dunno but i get 7 an hour to sit in a chair and deal with a customer every ten minutes. Hell i even watch movies there. And around her you can make much more if u find the right place.

Valet parking, pizza delivery pays pretty good...

since u have specialized abilitys you should beable to get a pretty good job

440racer66
04-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by revikan
Car, you cant take your girl to eat on a quad

i beg to differ a long ride in the middle of nowhere and stoping on a water fall with a basket of food thats how i roll but i dont have my licence yet soo jmo.........