PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GNCC "Steel Creek" Round 3 Youth Race Report

renae
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
The youth race report is finally finished and is posted in GNCC. My next report from Big Buck will be better.

QuadJunkies
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
thanks Renae. Great coverage !

hr15
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the coverage,I know the kids really like it too.

Ty1on
04-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok I need some opinions on the Steele Creek results for the Prod Mod 8-10 year olds. There was a boy who did not go through the finish line on the first lap and he was not scanned on the first lap. The rest of the kids even in the 70 class did as the corse marshall did not have he caution tape up and said this boys first lap counted. Should this be allowed?......or should it be protested with the GNCC. I tried protesting this at the track but got nowhere. The more I think about it if everyone else went through on the first lap and this boy didn't why should he get a break? To me it's no difference than a kid getting off course in the woods? All opinions welcome.

renae
04-02-2006, 06:36 AM
I feel that the lap should not have counted. That is just teaching the kids that it is ok to cheat.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Wait a minute here. This little boy was with us. We protested the race finish on this deal. This littly Boy is Kyle Riley. He is like a son to us. He took the holeshot and lead every lap and was not passed by not 1 single kid. When he finished the race they had him as 10th in class. It had him crying because he said I passed every kid I came to and no one passed me not even Walker.

We protested the race and they had his first lap time as 18 minutes and something. I said you missed his first lap. They were hell bent they were right . Things weren't pretty for a while and then another track person who put the tape up said a Honda #35 went thru there. GNCC didn't have the track taped off. The rider thought you went thru there the first lap.

They said they didn't have it taped off it was their fault. It didn't help this child in any way. He won by minutes over the 2nd place rider. And he finished 10th overall.

I hope this clears things up a little.

renae
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Wait a minute here. This little boy was with us. We protested the race finish on this deal. This littly Boy is Kyle Riley. He is like a son to us. He took the holeshot and lead every lap and was not passed by not 1 single kid. When he finished the race they had him as 10th in class. It had him crying because he said I passed every kid I came to and no one passed me not even Walker.

We protested the race and they had his first lap time as 18 minutes and something. I said you missed his first lap. They were hell bent they were right . Things weren't pretty for a while and then another track person who put the tape up said a Honda #35 went thru there. GNCC didn't have the track taped off. The rider thought you went thru there the first lap.

They said they didn't have it taped off it was their fault. It didn't help this child in any way. He won by minutes over the 2nd place rider. And he finished 10th overall.

I hope this clears things up a little.

I am sorry if the reply I posted earlier upset you. I only replied with what my 12 year old son said when he read the post.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm not upset. Just wanted to get the true story out and paint the picture. Look out for this #35 Honda this 10 yr old from WV , could easily win this class. He's scary fast. My son and Kyle ride together. I just can't wait till they decide to whip out the Cobra.
:devil:

hr15
04-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Is that the boy that rode a Cobra a couple times last season?

thunderisland
04-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Glad you got things straighten out I knew Kyle's father was upset but wasn't sure what was going on.Hey Mike did you get the picture developed yet of Kyle,Charlie,Michael and my son Caleb yet should be a good one.Probably see you guys in Missouri as we are probably going to skip SC.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Yea that's the little guy. They give him alot of trouble last year when he showed up with it and he was the only 1 who had a Cobra. The boy is scary fast and know's how to make it to the front. He's been on the podium in the top 3 overall before. You should see him rip a full blown z 400 around!

Rich no I didn't get them developed yet pm me your address and I'll get double prints and send ya 1. Wish ya could make it to SC.