PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wake Up In The Morning: What Do I do?

DieselBoy
03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I get my 8 hours of sleep and in the morning when it's time to get up for work I just can't do it. It's next to impossible. I set the alarm, it goes off, and sometimes I can sleep with it on. Other times I'll just wake up turn it off and wake up like an hour later and wont remember doing it. It's making my boss pissed off but he's an early bird (GET MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!? LETS GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!) And I require a number of coffee's to get on my feet.

If you have any suggestion's it would be greatly appreciated.

I just don't know what to do.

03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
punch urself in the nuts

Mxjunkie
03-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Have you tryed taking some tylenonal(sp) pm's to get a good nigths sleep?

Also are you stressed any?

Pappy
03-29-2006, 11:07 PM
stress will do it, its affected me for more years then i care to remember.

adjust when you go to sleep, less caffiene, and knockin boots seems to help if you have the means:p

honduh440
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
i have a horrible time of not hearing my alarm or getting up and turning it off and not knowing it. every since i started setting my cell phone and my alarm clock i havnt slepped past

nosliw
03-29-2006, 11:26 PM
slapping myself in the face a few times helps.

keller45
03-29-2006, 11:43 PM
I can get 15 hours of sleep and be the same exact way. I dont know what it is. My guess is everyones like that just some show it more then others. Or maybe its just cause I'm a kid. Who knows but it sucks!

KWAD GAWD
03-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Just get up. Nobody likes to get out of bed. It's part of life.

Yee-Haw_400EX
03-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Slam a beer.

z400roosteR
03-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
punch urself in the nuts
Lmao, yea try this one!:bandit:

derekhonda
03-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Just get up. Nobody likes to get out of bed. It's part of life.

He said the magic words...just gotta do it. Get a louder alarm...and put it out of reach from your bed. That way you have to get up in order to shut it off....and then you are up.

bwamos
03-30-2006, 07:25 AM
That's what I have to do. I work 2 jobs (1 full time, 1 part time), and I have to get up at 4am. I put my alarm clock completely on the other side of the room so I have to get up to turn it off. If it's next to my bed, I'll jsut turn it off in my sleep.

Get an alarm clock that will change tones and get louder the longer it is going off. THe change in tones makes it nearly impossible to sleep through. I could sleep right through the normal buzzer alarms.

Fasteryfz
03-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Just get your lazy butt out of bed and stop making excuses. I bet if your going riding early in the morning your *** is up!

400exrules
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Fasteryfz
Just get your lazy butt out of bed and stop making excuses. I bet if your going riding early in the morning your *** is up!

lol yah, i get up no prob if im goin ridin or racin, but if its school.....its really hard to get up

underpowered
03-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
He said the magic words...just gotta do it. Get a louder alarm...and put it out of reach from your bed. That way you have to get up in order to shut it off....and then you are up.

that is the best way i have found.
Also different people require more/less sleep than others. I am actually More tired if i sleep a full 8 hours than i am if i only get 5-6. I am used to going to bed at 1 and getting up at 7, just part of my life. If i go to bed earlier, i wake up more tired than usual. you need to find out what amount of sleep works best for you.

PismoLocal
03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
adjust when you go to sleep, less caffiene, and knockin boots seems to help if you have the means:p
i agree with pappy on this one :cool:

NacsMXer
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
I take a melatonin tablet before bed each night and it really helps you get a good night's sleep. Your body naturally produces melatonin when it gets dark out which is why you will begin to feel sleepy later at night.

One thing I have noticed using it, as opposed to the nights that I don't take it, is the fact that it makes getting up in the morning a lot easier! It is hard to explain, but when my alarm goes off at 6 AM, I open my eyes and just get up no problem!

If you ever took Nyquil before bed and know how it makes getting up the next day impossible, then you will notice that melatonin does the exact opposite :cool: You don't feel sleepy or groggy at all, just up and ready to start the day.

c1smalleyracing
03-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Marry a fat ugly woman!!!! That will make your *** get out of bed. Unless your into that Sh t...

400exrules
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I take a melatonin tablet before bed each night and it really helps you get a good night's sleep. Your body naturally produces melatonin when it gets dark out which is why you will begin to feel sleepy later at night.

One thing I have noticed using it, as opposed to the nights that I don't take it, is the fact that it makes getting up in the morning a lot easier! It is hard to explain, but when my alarm goes off at 6 AM, I open my eyes and just get up no problem!

If you ever took Nyquil before bed and know how it makes getting up the next day impossible, then you will notice that melatonin does the exact opposite :cool: You don't feel sleepy or groggy at all, just up and ready to start the day.

where do you get that at?

i heard donald trump sleeps 4 hrs a night, and he has most of his life

xcnick38
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
move your alarm across your room and turn it up all the way.... that way you have to get up to turn it off... thats what worked for me...

PolarisRider06
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
i've always had the problem of not being able to get up in the morning.... i've tried everything to help myself just get up too.

i've put my alarm across the room.... results: get up, shut it off, fall back into bed

i've set two alarms, one across the room... results: get up and shut off first and shut off the other on the way back into bed

now i set 2 alarms for different times and just have them at the foot of the bed... results: shut off the first one then grab the second(its pretty small battery operated) wait for it to go off and hit the snooze while i'm still sleeping without noticing till i eventually shut it off

i actually do drag myself out of bed i just never do until i HAVE to so its normally about 8 or so so that i can get up brush my teeth and get dressed and leave the house within about 10 minutes of getting up and then i go to school..... if i have no reason to get up i dont get up....

does anyone have any tips????

where can i get that melatonin stuff that you guys were talking about????

DieselBoy
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Maybe I and some of you suffer from insomnia. Stress definately factor's in to the problem.

PolarisRider
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM
punch urself in the nuts

lmgdao!!

PolarisRider06
03-30-2006, 05:32 PM
insomnia's when you cant sleep though i thought.... i had what i considered to be insomnia once, i didn't sleep for a week it sucked so bad.... i just all together couldn't sleep no matter what.... now let me tell you when you dont sleep 6 nights in a row then finally get 2 hours of sleep on friday night it feels so great.... but that week was what i considered all out h3ll....

PolarisRider
03-30-2006, 05:34 PM
woah! 2 polaris riders:eek2:

ive tried that alarm acroos the room thing.......i get up hit snooze go back to bed. 9min later it goes off, i get up hit snooze, go back to bed. After 45mins of that i get up because the bus is gonna come soon;)

NacsMXer
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
For everyone that wants to know, you can buy melatonin at any drug store or vitamin store. I got my bottle at Walgreens, lasts a long time. Take one tablet an hour or two before bed.

antman
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
get plenty of sleep the night before and get an alarm clock and put it on really loud on the other side of the room so you have to get up to turn it off

JUSTINcredible
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
i cant get out of bed if i try and get up like an hour before work. I have to get up 15 minutes before its time to leave, like i have to be in a rush.

coolex
03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
i have insomomnia my docter said its from stress i have a hard time falling asleep wake up 5-8 times a night and either wake up at 3 and cant fall asleep or cant wake up at all

Honda TRX250ex
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
punch urself in the nuts
rofl!!!!!!!

jb38mpa1
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Did You ever think of working night shift ? Maybe Your Nocturnal

troutman561
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Take a few hits of crack, that helps me...

rmz250
03-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
i cant get out of bed if i try and get up like an hour before work. I have to get up 15 minutes before its time to leave, like i have to be in a rush.

04TRX400EX
03-30-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't think that anyone has said this yet, but in addition to moving your alarm clock away from your reach, wake up to music. You can even get an alarm program for your computer so that you can wake up to good music. If you wake up to a good song, it just puts you in a good state of mind to begin with. If you already wake up to music, wake up to the annoying beeping sound. If that doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will.

400exrules
03-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i have insomomnia my docter said its from stress i have a hard time falling asleep wake up 5-8 times a night and either wake up at 3 and cant fall asleep or cant wake up at all

omg, i seriously wake up at like 3, and 4 am on my own every mornin, and i look over and see what time it is and get pissed cuz i woke up, and i fall back asleep...im not sure what causes it, but now that i think of it, i realize that i do this almost every single day. i wake up somehow, like 3-4 times in the night and look at the clock, fall back asleep. im gonna say stress is doing it to me, cuz my grades are pissin me off right now, especially algebra 2

TacomaNC4X4
03-30-2006, 09:17 PM
i put my alarm on the other side of the room then i get pissed off and have to get up. sometimes it dont work. ill just lay back down and fall alseep

DieselBoy
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I just got put on medications for my anxiety & stress, I'm having a real tough time coping everyday. I'm sure this is the primary reason. Kind of hard to talk about, but I just have been through alot lately and it's hard to keep my head afloat.

Every work day feels like eternity. I take 3+ coffee's to me through the day. Maybe my motabolism has slowed down alot?

I might go back and see what the doctor's say, I don't like talking about this stuff like I said and I guess I don't have a choice.

And the old man is trying to get rid of me, he doesn't really give a damn about me. I would be gone right now if I had enough money. But owning a house, let alone an apartment, is a BIG expensive, ontop of that, truck costs.

nastyn8
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
i have found that it helps to drink a lot of water or juice b4 i go to bed and when i wake up just a little bit i will realize that i have to piss extremely bad. that and stress has a lot to do with it. ive been there 2 man

QuadJunkies
03-31-2006, 12:07 AM
If I worked a day job I seriously think it would KILL me..:scary: Ive worked swing shift now pretty much since I was old enough to work. I love when I do get up and get motivated early but its REALLY tough to get me up and Im a bit of a beeitch in the morning :o :p lol Im just simply not a morning person ..Never was ... prol. never will be... But knockin da boots is DEF. not a bad ideafor starters!!!

:blah: :devil:

csimp3
03-31-2006, 12:48 AM
lemme see if i can help, ok im a heavy sleeper and usually sleep 10-12 hours a day, but ever since i decided i am gonna race my dirtbike this summer, ive been trying to work out every night before i go to bed, and ever since ive done this, i wake up after like 7 hours of sleep, and i have way more energy all day, plus instead of takin 2 hours to get out of bed after i woke up, now i can just get right up, plus i feel better about myself, its worth a try at least

prepracing
03-31-2006, 02:20 AM
go to a sleep study doctor and see if your getting enough rest or to much rest.......Myself the longer I sleep the harder it is to get up. I usually feel best after about 5-6 hrs of sleep, no matter how tired I was before I went to bed. :ermm:

ballz2thewall
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I am the same way, lucky for me I work for the Government and no one is ever early:D Then my wife who got tired of trying to wake me up bought this alarm clock that sounds like a rooster, most annoying sound ever. So once that goes off I am up beating the chit out of it to make it stop! Buy one of those things and you'll never be late again!

milburn
03-31-2006, 01:21 PM
cut out caffeine all together for awhile. i was the same way and i would drink coffee all day at work like a speed freak than one day i had an anxiety attack . freaked me out. my doctor put me on buspirone and told me to cut out caffeine and stop smoking. it helped alot and now i work nights so less bosses and less stress.

TacomaNC4X4
03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
hire a prostitute to wake u up every mornin. im sure that would work