PDA

View Full Version : lonestar axle

smithmonsters
03-29-2006, 09:57 PM
If i buy a lonestar axle do i have to buy all the parts for it ( sprocket hub, bearing carrier, hubs, locknut, ECT.) or can i just toss on my old junk and have a good axle till i can afford the whole setup? It 27 spline, is that a normal thing? Thanks

JOEX
03-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by smithmonsters
If i buy a lonestar axle do i have to buy all the parts for it ( sprocket hub, bearing carrier, hubs, locknut, ECT.) or can i just toss on my old junk and have a good axle till i can afford the whole setup? It 27 spline, is that a normal thing? Thanks
All aftermarket axles for the 400ex should come with the sprocket hub attached, it is pressed on.

All the other componest will work with the LSR axle but since it's already apart i'd recommend at least replacing the bearings in the carrier and investing in a pinch bolt style lock nut.

I'm not sure what the spline count is.

smithmonsters
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
It dosnt have the sprocket hub on it but its still in the box. Local kid selling for 150, should i pick it up?

JOEX
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by smithmonsters
It dosnt have the sprocket hub on it but its still in the box. Local kid selling for 150, should i pick it up?
Make sure it's for a 400ex, mine has '400ex' stamped on it, not sure exactly where at the moment. Make sure it's it's straight, don't trust the word of the seller. I don't think the warranty is transferable either. If it for a 400ex and is straight and usable you will need to have the sprocket hub pressed on, not something the average persone can do themself.

I can't say if you should get it. It's your money and I have no first hand info on the axle, just your description.

A Lonestar axle with no sprocket hub for $150? I'd either pass or look at it VERY closely before pruchasing.

Good luck:)

smithmonsters
03-29-2006, 10:36 PM
It looked straight and he has the box it came in. 400 EX is stamped on it. If getting the sprocket hub pressed on is that big of a deal ii think i may just pass. Plus arent the sprocket hubs about $100 or so also?