PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem trx250ex HELP!!!

bajarebel1
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I am having an electrical problem with my 2002 trx250. If you turn on the key and press the start button nothing happens. You can jump across the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and the quad starts just fine. the strange thing while the quad is running if you touch the starter button it works and tries to engage the solenoid.. Does anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?
Thanks
danny

BlasterEaten250
03-29-2006, 08:47 PM
check if you battery is charged by turning on the lights. If nothing happens or they are dim it is probably the battery.

bajarebel1
03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
If i turn on the light while its running and idleing they are bright as soon as i rev it up they go dim but battery still has enuff juice to start quad when i jump across solenoid

Black250EX
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
ive had this exact problem with my current trx250ex and it was an issue similar to yours all i did to fix it was that i tightened all the nutes holding the wires down to the battery and it was fixed
have you checked for any wires that are loose? any wires that have rips in them if so maybe the wires should be replaced but my best advice is to tighten everything under the seat let me know if it worked or not

bajarebel1
03-30-2006, 09:13 PM
well i think i found the problem just not sure what goes in place to fix it. under the seat there is a red wire coming off of the positive side of the starter solenoid going to a 2 prong plug, the other wire on the plug is red and runs through the wire loom to the front of the quad (i think it goes to the key switch) the plug is not plugged into anything but if i run a jumper wire across the two prongs everything works great! can anyone tell me what this is supposed to plug into because apparently the previous owner removed whatever it was and i would like to fix it right.

FMFTRX250r
03-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bajarebel1
well i think i found the problem just not sure what goes in place to fix it. under the seat there is a red wire coming off of the positive side of the starter solenoid going to a 2 prong plug, the other wire on the plug is red and runs through the wire loom to the front of the quad (i think it goes to the key switch) the plug is not plugged into anything but if i run a jumper wire across the two prongs everything works great! can anyone tell me what this is supposed to plug into because apparently the previous owner removed whatever it was and i would like to fix it right.

prob called a fuse

bajarebel1
04-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I located a parts identifier online @ Temeculamotorsports.com and found what i was missing was a 15amp fuse and the fuse holder (apparently removed by previous owner). I installed the fuse and it fixed the problem. Thanks everyone for their help in fixing my problem.