PDA

View Full Version : two stroke vs. four stroke

hard one
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
lately i have had the chance to ride some sick to strokes but i keep finding my self going back to four strokes.

My friend bought a 1987 suzuki 250r and wanted to trade because he has never ridden before but he got good fast must be the bike right? (never did trade)

I had tons of fun riding it because it could brake the tires loose on anything and with a twist throttle it was accurate. but after riding it for a day i got sick of it and went back to my 300 ex .
thats messed up isnt it!

it was fun dragging them up hill because the ex dosent spin out as bad and the r has tons of power 40 hp at least aftermarket.

the ex won sometimes but in the flat drag it was dissapointing because the ex would win just because of gearing and could hold just ahead, man that is fun beating a bigger quad.

We also took an rm 125 against it power wise they felt close but rm is way faster.

but back to the 250r it dosent like berms like a four strokeand that turn of the centery full floater rear shock system is something.

If they made a quad that revs like a 2 stroke but has pulling power like a four that would be awsome i guess you could call it a 3 stroke.
i gusse i will stay with four strokes.

03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
o thats nice :confused:

Toadz400
03-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Wow....:huh

And btw...have you ever ridden a YFZ? I think that's your answer to your "3-stroke" wanting.:confused:

450rJam
03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
honda is the real R
if you like the full floater wait till you get a chance to buzz around with the pro link system
the trx250r is still best handleing quad ever