View Full Version : New Track

JRP
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey well my uncle is building a huge Motocross track for the public to use. He is hoping they can hold races at the track in the future. Its about 2miles long and its wide open. 50% is in the open, 50% is in the woods. But when ur in the woods its about 40ft wide. I am going to go down to his house(its in Richmond, VA) to help him out. Should be done by summer. We got all the dirt and were starting to get some equipment. When he was younger he raced dirtbikes and now he rides a rm250 and my cousin(his son) rides an rm85. Even my other cousin(shes a girl and shes 8) rides a drz110. So it should be awsome once he gets it done.

Lax
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
That would be awsome, but just some food for thought. If your track is going to be a a track and some woods, make it so you can cut off the woods and ride just woods, and visa versa.

03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
How far is Richmond from PA dawg

XCAdam89
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Sounds Awesome Jordan. Let me know, and we can bring the big bear out and get our hands dirty. :p

03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
jordan..just a suggestion

i dont think a little klx will be able to do a 100ft double like u had so dont make one on the track :blah:

lol good luck building

rollie
03-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Sick man ill have to come down and rip it up with you:cool:

BlasterEaten250
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I hope to do that someday. I love playing in the dirt:p

JRP
03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
How far is Richmond from PA dawg

Haha, its like 40min away from here and im 3hrs from breezewood, pa. so i guess like 4hrs?

quad&dirtbike: haha i know. But i guarantee my uncle is gonna build bigger jumps then 100ft. Hes crazy. its gonna be awsome man.

03-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
How far is Richmond from PA dawg mapkwest dawg.

JRP
03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
heres a track layout, without the jumps.

BlasterEaten250
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks like it would be fun. Does that say "bum sight" lol

JRP
03-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Looks like it would be fun. Does that say "bum sight" lol

burn site***, lmao

Rico400
04-01-2006, 12:56 AM
lol i thought it said bum site too..

FourFiftyFour
04-01-2006, 01:36 AM
yeah id make it to where if they wanted a MX only race with no woods that that option was open... i know i wouldnt want to run my bike through woods!

That is pretty awesome tho. Most def. post up some pics when it gets built!

JRP
04-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
yeah id make it to where if they wanted a MX only race with no woods that that option was open... i know i wouldnt want to run my bike through woods!

That is pretty awesome tho. Most def. post up some pics when it gets built!

yea i know what you mean, but through the woods its gonna be over 20+ feet wide. Theres still going to be jumps back there. the greatest part about this whole deal is that its all for free. The story goes like this..... He saw a place that had probably 600 dump truck loads of dirt. And they didnt know what to do with it. So my uncle asked them if he could get it and they asked if they needed to pay him for the dirt.(since they would of had to pay to get the dirt out of the consturction site) My uncle said no, but asked if they can remove all the trees and stumps and dump the dirt where he wanted it. And they said yes. So he got home from work yesterday and most of the trees/stumps are gone. So everything is going good. Cant wait untill its done.

Ruby Soho
04-01-2006, 07:51 AM
I wish I could get 600 loads of dirt :eek2:

BlasterEaten250
04-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by JRP
yea i know what you mean, but through the woods its gonna be over 20+ feet wide. Theres still going to be jumps back there. the greatest part about this whole deal is that its all for free. The story goes like this..... He saw a place that had probably 600 dump truck loads of dirt. And they didnt know what to do with it. So my uncle asked them if he could get it and they asked if they needed to pay him for the dirt.(since they would of had to pay to get the dirt out of the consturction site) My uncle said no, but asked if they can remove all the trees and stumps and dump the dirt where he wanted it. And they said yes. So he got home from work yesterday and most of the trees/stumps are gone. So everything is going good. Cant wait untill its done. once in a lifetime deal:eek2: What kind of company was that?

JRP
04-01-2006, 10:01 AM
It was Union Banks. They were building another bank next to my uncles house(like 2miles away) and they said that they would give him the dirt. And it also helped that my uncle knows the boss, general manager, of the bank system.