PDA

View Full Version : Tranny?

m_townsgreatest
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, I have a 2004 Raptor 660R and I rode it on Sunday and it rode great. Well my stupid sister got on it on Monday and she rode it and now it wont move. You can shift it into gear and you hear it shift. Then when you hit the gas it doesnt move at all. I think its the tranny but hey what do I know?

Any suggestions on what it might be?

Live2Ride300
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
So your saying with the bike running, you can shift through the gears, yet when you let out the clutch and hit the gas it doesn't do anything?

Does it bog down when you hit the gas while in gear?

underpowered
03-29-2006, 03:13 PM
may be she just toasted the clutch. that would be the first thing i would check.

m_townsgreatest
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
you can shift through the gears and it doesnt bog down at all

jeremy_283
03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
thats a lota teeth to break on one gear........ can u push it in gear with the clutch released? ...... jack up the rear end and try rotating the tires by hand with clutch pulled in and the clutch realeased .......... its easy to fiqure tranny problems out that way ...... but i wuld think if ur clutch is toasted u can rotate the tires by hand with the clutch lever released.... and ur clutch is fine if you cant rotate while in gear..... just try somthin like that and give a reponse

jeremy_283
03-29-2006, 04:25 PM
ur sister wulda had to treat it like he11 to get the clutch f'd up.... unless she rides alot

jeremy_283
03-29-2006, 04:28 PM
take a look at the oil on your dipstick ..... is da oil metallic colored? i am not to familar with the raptor tho

m_townsgreatest
03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
it can be pushed in gear with the clutch out and while its in gear.

jeremy_283
03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
jack up the rear and turn the wheels over when its in gear and see if you can hear gears turnin....... if not then i would say its your clutch

jeremy_283
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
backwards............ if you can hear the gears turnin with the clutch out then its most likley your clutch

jeremy_283
03-30-2006, 04:15 PM
those last 2 posts of mine said the exact same thing......sorry

DieselBoy
03-31-2006, 05:10 PM
she ruine clutch?....my 200x did that:scary:

zeppelin
03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
those last 2 posts of mine said the exact same thing......sorry
omg just put all of that stuff into one post instead of making 30,post whore.

jeremy_283
03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
omg just put all of that stuff into one post instead of making 30,post whore.

i "dislike" you shut up i cant say every thing in one post cuz 10 minutes later sumthin new pops into my head ...srry bout that but i aint gunna stop....i just type wat i am thinkin at that moment..and i also like to use these dots .................................................. .................................................. ....i like to use them a lot................. anyways....... wats a "post whore" ........ please..........explain??? ................... actually i dont think those posts of mine say the exact same thing. i just cant explain crap very well........ again ... wats a "post whore"?

Honda TRX250ex
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
i "dislike" you shut up i cant say every thing in one post cuz 10 minutes later sumthin new pops into my head ...srry bout that but i aint gunna stop....i just type wat i am thinkin at that moment..and i also like to use these dots .................................................. .................................................. ....i like to use them a lot................. anyways....... wats a "post whore" ........ please..........explain??? ................... actually i dont think those posts of mine say the exact same thing. i just cant explain crap very well........ again ... wats a "post whore"?
Holy crap, your like little five year old. Don't post so much crap, use one post not five thousand to say something. You say you think of other things too? There is a reason why they put a edit button.
You also ask what a post whore is too? Well your a great example of one. And if you can't explan things well why the hell are you on a ATV site let alone the powertrain fourm.

Anyway it sounds like your little sister burned up your clutch. Take your clutch off and take a look.

theTman
03-31-2006, 06:48 PM
postwhore anyone?

ZeroLogic
03-31-2006, 06:48 PM

Lmao, you remind me of the one episdode from The Simpsons where Grimys or something like that flipped out on Homer and went around freaking out. Then he touched a bunch of coils and died.

But anywho, I'd have to agree, it sounds like your clutch is toasted.

03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
wow