PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r with HRC and Quick Shot

MX#9
03-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Curious if anyone has an 06 with the HRC kit and the Boyesen Quick Shot.
My question is where do you have your pilot/air screw set as well as the accel. pump screw.
The dealer installed my kit and the accel. pump screw is not set at HRC kit specs.
It is also annoys me that I need a special tool for setting these.

quadguy83
03-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't have the quick shot, but i do have the hrc kit installed with the air screw 2.5 turns out. I don't have the special tool either. I just removed the fuel bowl and turned the air screw then with whatever u can use to grip onto it. I love the kit in my bike just wish it did better on hot starts

chad cavagnaro
03-29-2006, 11:17 AM
mx#9, do you have any trouble getting your trx started after it is hot? especially if you accidently stall it? just curious.

xtuner
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
If the decomression clearance is set to tight there is a lack of compression. The throttle also has to be left alone on mine when i am trying to start. 450org has alot of info on the 06

eagertorace
03-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MX#9
Curious if anyone has an 06 with the HRC kit and the Boyesen Quick Shot.
My question is where do you have your pilot/air screw set as well as the accel. pump screw.
The dealer installed my kit and the accel. pump screw is not set at HRC kit specs.
It is also annoys me that I need a special tool for setting these.

My screw is set at 3 turns out and the pump screw is at hrc settings, the pump tool comes with the kit and tell the dealer that you want it, I'm sure you paid for it.
As for the pilot screw, get the t handle replacement screw, it works great and real easy to get to.

MX#9
03-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Chad, I do not have any problem hot starting mine. If I get in a hurry, I seem to have to kick it 3 or 4 times instead of the normal 1 time.

I did get the accel. pump tool with my box of stock parts. The HRC manual calls for the accel. pump screw to be turned out 1 1/8 turns from stock and my screw was only turned out maybe a quarter turn. I do not know if that was the stock setting.
The Boyesen directions call for a stock clearance but they also show a picture of a different style screw in the directions that they send with the Quick Shot. They also send a handy little gauge for the other type of screw to help achieve the proper setting.
The gauge and the directions are useless with the style that come on the 06 450r.

I totally forgot about those T handle screws. I have seen them in the dirt bike magazines. Thanks,that is what I will do there.