PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars for an 05 400ex?

Jerry01
03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I found this site not too long ago, and from what I have read, you guys seem pretty knowledgeable. I did some searching, but couldn't find what type of aftermarket handlebars fit an 05 400ex with electric start without remounting the key. I need to replace the stock bars for a couple of reasons. The biggest is they are now bent. Lets just say my bike is no longer a virgin. The other is when I am riding in an aggressive position, like over woops, the bars just don't feel right. Almost like my arms are bent too much. I am 6'2" so that might play a part. I bought a set of pro taper se atv high bars, but I am not able to get the plastic part that houses the key and the reverse and neutral lights back on because of the cross bar. The guy at the shop said I could bring them back if they didn't fit. They also had a set of renthal atv high
bars that actually are for my bike. The problem is is that no one can say whether or not they will work with the housing. Anyway, enough flapping for my first post. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jerry.

hrc
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I drilled a hole in my plastic and put them in there. But my cuz has a 400ex with renthal bars and his plastic peice fit on. You might have to move the cros bar up a bit though.